No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so let's use a more reasonable light weight like 450 gn. I've got a 458 gn arrow with 15.7% foc (built above). That is shooting 305 fps +. What momentum is that?

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
      Ok, so let's use a more reasonable light weight like 450 gn. I've got a 458 gn arrow with 15.7% foc (built above). That is shooting 305 fps +. What momentum is that?
      You have way more then enough. That's .620 I would say for you to shoot that speed your not short. I have the short man problem. I have to do everything I can to get what I can.

If I could shoot a 456 gn at 305 I would be shooting a 600 gn arrow

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        You have way more then enough. That's .620 I would say for you to shoot that speed your not short. I have the short man problem. I have to do everything I can to get what I can.

If I could shoot a 456 gn at 305 I would be shooting a 600 gn arrow

He's a big dude , I only cut .500" off a 32.00" raw shaft when I built those.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          He's a big dude , I only cut .500" off a 32.00" raw shaft when I built those.
          I figured that.

Comment

So if all other things were equal between, say, a 400 and 650 grain arrow, is there anyone out there that would choose a 650 gn?

Comment

So if all other things were equal between, say, a 400 and 650 grain arrow, is there anyone out there that would choose a 650 gn?
              If going to Africa or Australia to hunt buffalo, Yes, I would choose the 650 grain arrow, possibly even heavier.
              In North America, No.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                If going to Africa or Australia to hunt buffalo, Yes, I would choose the 650 grain arrow, possibly even heavier.
                In North America, No.
                What rocky said.

Btguard. You must be a big guy. So saying that. Not knowing what bow you are shooting and draw lenth. See if you can find a arrow in that 600 range. You will not believe the differance in the sound level of your bow. Also depending on what bow the effency will be great. My mr5 gains a lot at that 500 gn mark below that it's not that good.

There is a big benefit to shooting heavy arrows. The liter arrow less yardage err is only good you you spot and stock. If you shoot at 20 yards or less at a feeder then it really doesn't matter.

You will have less deer reaction with that heavy arrow.

Now that I said all that. I don't think I would really change a lot if I could shoot a 458 gn arrow at 305.
                Last edited by enewman; 12-27-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I'm shooting a MR7 at 60 lbs, with 31.5" dl. With the MR7 that measures to about 32". I shoot a single pin sight so e balance between flat shooting and hard hitting is what I'm looking for.

Comment

I'm shooting a MR7 at 60 lbs, with 31.5" dl. With the MR7 that measures to about 32". I shoot a single pin sight so e balance between flat shooting and hard hitting is what I'm looking for.
                    Will I'm guessing you got good taste in bows. Love my mr5. But not sure I like you. It has nothing to do with attitude or any other thing other then your 31.5 draw.

I guess maybe I should not blame you but your mom and dad for making you with a 31.5 in draw. . Yes I'm sure you can tell I'm a little jealous. Not sure how I would look at 5'7" with 31.5 inch draw.

You fit in well with pushbutton2. I believe he's 6'7".

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                      ...,,,, You fit in well with pushbutton2. I believe he's 6'7".

I am ;-)

Comment

Haha I'm only 6'4, but I've got quite the wingspan. I'm measured at 32.5"

Comment

Ok tuning and testing. I now have a 360 gn arrow 400 spine with 100 tip, an 300 spine with total,tip weight 190 gn, an 300 spine with 225 gn tip this one is 21% foc at 485 gn and a 848 gn with 455 tip weight all shooting the same. Other then adjusting for drop the side to side is same.

I can shoot the 485 gn and the 848 gn with 40 yard pin and group them at 20 yards.
                          Hope I get to test the 848 gn on an hog this coming weekend

The 360 shot 301fps
                          485 was 263 fps
                          848 was at 202 fps

Comment

I'm liking that 485 @ 263fps

Comment

Pretty good numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                                I'm liking that 485 @ 263fps
                                Me to. I would have liked to been closer to 500. But I'm good. Getting closer to my diamond c hunt

Comment

Working...
                                X