very strange indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very strange indeed

Here is a pic from another site. The buck was killed by a hunter. They thought it had a dart in it's side. This turned out to be yellow vanes from an arrow. They were imbedded in the skin. No exit hole on the other side of the deer. I can not imagine how this could have happened. Anyone, got any theories??????
    Attached Files

Crossbow maybe!

Comment

Maybe so, I posted that as a possibility on the original thread. The very nice young lady rifled him down. I asked what the hole looked like, broadhead, field point, or whatever....she said the skin had started to heal and it looked like it had been in there for some time. I would like to know the angle of the shot, but I guess that is not possible.

Comment

Looks like it was shot quartering hard away from an elevated stand. Perhaps the arrow (or dart) glanced off the ribs exiting between the ribs and right shoulder blade. Very poor shot placement, too far forward and too hard an angle. Low poundage bow or too light an arrow. Maybe an expandable that didn't open. I could come up with all kinds of specualtions. Possibly the buck was into that body piercing thing too. You know how young folks are.
        Last edited by LostHawg; 11-07-2006, 08:15 AM. Reason: added response

Comment

Possible VERY shallow shot. If you follow the direction of the flat (arrow) side of vanes forward to the other side of the shoulder (or whatever) the dark patch looks to me like a possibly healed exit wound.
          Maybe I'm seeing things... Just speculation -- but it looks plausible.

Comment

Working...
          X