Any free range Axis deer in Burnet, Llano or Lampasas counties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any free range Axis deer in Burnet, Llano or Lampasas counties

I am looking for land to retire on(few years down the road). I'd like to have axis on the property.

Does anyone know if there free ranging Axis in Lampasas, Llano or Burnet counties?

I have been looking for a while around Kerr county, Bandera...kendall etc.

Having heck of a time finding about 10 acres ...reasonably priced/restrictions

thanx,

There are, my grandparents have some on the place in Burnet county. With all the high fence ranches around here it wont be long before they are everywhere.

Comment

Kerr, Bandera, Kendall, Gillespie are all loaded with them. My place in Llano County in between Fredericksburg and Llano doesn't have Axis, and I've never seen them on the drive back and forth. I do see them Northeast of Fburg all the time, and South and East of town.

You're just saying you can't find anything in your price range? I'd think you could find 5-10 acres for not too terribly much.

Comment

The was one dead, on the side of the road,just north of Llano. We hunt further north and haven’t seen any.

Comment

There was but I think hogmess caught them all
          He traps in that area, bet he would know where they tend to congregate in those areas

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
            There was but I think hogmess caught them all
            He traps in that area, bet he would know where they tend to congregate in those areas
            i will touch base with him...thanx,

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
              Kerr, Bandera, Kendall, Gillespie are all loaded with them. My place in Llano County in between Fredericksburg and Llano doesn't have Axis, and I've never seen them on the drive back and forth. I do see them Northeast of Fburg all the time, and South and East of town.

You're just saying you can't find anything in your price range? I'd think you could find 5-10 acres for not too terribly much.
              I have found "some" in my price range...however, they are either on the side of a mountain(hill), in a gully or have a HOA that is either real expensive or I have to get permission to sneeze type of rules.

It may take a while, but I will find something. Travis county/Leander ISD taxes are killing me.

Comment

I've never seen any on our place between marble falls and llano but I know they are further west. Best of luck to you

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Look around Junction call Cody Plummly.

Comment

Menard and Mason county have them.

Comment

Blanco County also has a bunch of exotics all over the place, but it's pretty pricey too.

Comment

Check Edwards

Comment

Only exotics ever seen on my Llano county property we’re 4 Auodads, and they were seen 1 time on game camera.

Comment

don't let me find a ten acre place in that area with free ranging axis before you do.....

If you can find it, I'm guessing it will be in the 15-20,000 an acre range.

Comment

My aunt had 15 acres a few miles southwest of Llano. She had a ton of axis

Comment

Working...
                              X