Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Kayak Camping Adventure (with Mary and Courtney)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Kayak Camping Adventure (with Mary and Courtney)!

Most of our crew was out of town over Father's Day weekend, but Courtney and Mary joined me for an overnight paddling trip down the Upper Guadalupe! Similar to the last one, we paddled right at 20 miles, although we stopped a bit sooner to set camp the first night. Thanks for watching!

Anybody else enjoy overnight trips?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERaGbcofX7I"]Kayak & Overnight Hammock Camp Scenic Texas River - YouTube[/ame]
    My Flickr Photos

I have been wanting to go on one but can't find any friends that are interested. I love you videos

Comment

I enjoy watching these. I'd like to make a trip like this soon. Will watch this video in a bit

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Another great video, thanks for sharing. Michael have you done a video on the kayak and equipment you use on these trips?

Comment

I would love to do this also. How do you pick a place to camp? do you have to know a landowner and get permission?

Comment

Awesome video and I felt at peace just watching it. I have done quite a few day trips but have yet to do an overnighter. It's hard to find a group that will commit, I'd be interested if you or someone else is planning a trip.

Comment

Great video. Enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                  Another great video, thanks for sharing. Michael have you done a video on the kayak and equipment you use on these trips?
                  I have not, but I've been thinking that might be a good one. I did a review of the kayak when I got it, but not an overnight load out video.
                  Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  I would love to do this also. How do you pick a place to camp? do you have to know a landowner and get permission?
                  Pretty much anything within the natural banks of the riverbed is public land, and no landowner permission is needed (despite an abundance of "no trespassing" signs that are posted in some locations). You can somewhat scout potential spots on Google Earth, but there are typically a LOT of options as you paddle (at least on Hill Country Rivers).
                  Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                  Awesome video and I felt at peace just watching it. I have done quite a few day trips but have yet to do an overnighter. It's hard to find a group that will commit, I'd be interested if you or someone else is planning a trip.
                  We did some pretty simple trips (day paddle with camp at the end on a friend's property) first and I think that helped gain confidence in the overnighters.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Nice. I love going on over-nighters. I don’t get to go as much as I did when I was a little younger (harder to get a group together) but luckily, I live close to great floating & still float often. There are 5 great rivers for longer trips within 30 minutes of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                      Nice. I love going on over-nighters. I don’t get to go as much as I did when I was a little younger (harder to get a group together) but luckily, I live close to great floating & still float often. There are 5 great rivers for longer trips within 30 minutes of me.
                      I really want to do the Buffalo River in AR someday!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looked like a good time. Got my kayak out the shop and ready to get it on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                          Looked like a good time. Got my kayak out the shop and ready to get it on the water.
                          These little rain showers should keep the rivers flowing pretty good!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
                              Fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              What I hear you saying is we need to do one

Comment

Working...
                              X