What dove load do you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Rio 20 gauge, 1 ounce, 7.5s at mournings and whitewings. Eurasians as well if they show up while I'm hunting the others.

Sucks that Academy discontinued carrying them and all Rio loads. I am going to have to find another place to get them or go back to Remington ShurShots after a 5 year hiatus.. Lucky to have seen them clearance them off and buy 7 cases before they stopped. $6.49/box and bought them for $5.30

Gibson's in W'ford has them

Comment

Rio 20 gauge, 1 ounce, 7.5s at mournings and whitewings. Eurasians as well if they show up while I'm hunting the others.
      Me too. When Winchester changed the AA hull I stopped reloading them to specs so I use the Rio's now. Great dove load.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post

Thanks Casey! Haven't heard that store name in a long dang time. Surprised that place in still in business.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post

Man ya gotta quit giving away all the secret spots! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Thanks Casey! Haven't heard that store name in a long dang time. Surprised that place in still in business.
            Weatherford and Kerrville are the only 2 remaining locations I know of. I haven't been in the Weatherford store in a long time. The one in Kerrville is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Man ya gotta quit giving away all the secret spots! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to frequent that Weatherford store back in the day but its been 30 years..

Comment

1 1/8 oz. #8s in 12ga. I do better with them than #7.5s, got some 7.5s that I'm trying to use up and then go to all #8s.
                Prefer Federal or the Rem. Heavy Dove brands... would love to try the Herters brand some day.

Comment

What dove load do you shoot?

I’ll be shooting these Rio’s 2.75” - 1 1/8oz - 7.5’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot a low recoil 1oz target load at 1180-1200fps in 12ga...Fiochi on hand but Federal / Rio / Estate make a good one as well. I do have some 7/8oz trainer loads that are fun to shoot.

I save the 1 1/8's for quail...the low recoiling targets pattern better & are joy to shoot in full size over/under. I need the recoil for the benelli's.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                      Remington 12ga, 2 3/4'', 1 1/8oz, 7.5 heavy dove load as always. Modified choke.
                      Same, bought a case last week when I got my super combo for the year.

Comment

20 gauge 1oz 7.5

Comment

Been using these for the last several years. No issues so I’ll keep going with them this year. Found a good deal a few years ago and got two cases.

Comment

I always use the Remington heavy dove loads in 7.5. I used to always buy #8 but switched over to 7.5 so i can used them for both dove and quail.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              2 1/2” #8 reloads
                              Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                                I’ll be shooting these Rio’s 2.75” - 1 1/8oz - 7.5’s

This right here!

Comment

Working...
                                X