Recovered Bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovered Bullets

Who else likes recovering a bullet from downed game? I love getting a bullet back. I'll try and post pictures of the few I've recovered. Lets see what you got.

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
    Who else likes recovering a bullet from downed game? I love getting a bullet back. I'll try and post pictures of the few I've recovered. Lets see what you got.
    I have a number of them but l really prefer a pass thru. If a deer runs after being shot,in our sandy country,you need a blood trail. Without a pass thru the blood is much harder to find and follow.

Comment

I've got a couple somewhere. I'll see if I can find them. But, I'm like Winman, I prefer a pass thru. Don't get me wrong, I think its cool to find them but it doesn't' happen very often.

Comment

I pulled a .257 Weatherby bullet out of a doe in Oklahoma last week. 100yrd shot, I was really surprised it did not pass through. It was quartering away and I hit a bunch of ribs and shoulder and it was lodged under the skin on the opposite side. Fell out as I was skinning it. Will try to remember to take a pic tonight.

Comment

Its kinda neat but Im with Winman on this.

Comment

I pulled a 7mm08 out of the buck I shot this last week. Was a 120 yard shot and he was quartering away a bit and hit part of the shoulder and lung. Was a hornady 139 grain bullet.

Comment

Ar15 223...62 grain Federal Fusion
              Recovered the bullet from a doe I shot. Broke opposite leg and found lodged in skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I find terminal ballistics fascinating but finding a projectile inside a Texas-sized whitetail deer is not ideal. I'm looking for a bullet that blows out a sizeable exit wound and falls to the dirt having expended all of its ennergy.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  I find terminal ballistics fascinating but finding a projectile inside a Texas-sized whitetail deer is not ideal. I'm looking for a bullet that blows out a sizeable exit wound and falls to the dirt having expended all of its ennergy.
                  Physics dictates that if it exits it has not expended all its energy in the animal....just saying.

Comment

It's always kind of interesting to see how a bullet performs on things. I predator hunt a lot so I try and use bullets that stay inside of things so I don't ruin pelts. The thing about that is it's mostly fragments I find if anything at all. I do have a Hog Hammer bullet out of a Blackout that I recovered from about a 150 pound sow.

I thought about getting a small drill bit and drilling a hole through it so I can fit a chain through it for a necklace. But that might be a little morbid and I don't wear jewelry so I don't know.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 11-28-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I have several from over the years. Also have a small Tupperware with shot from ducks and geese

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

they run less with a 7 mag. you may not find the bullet but you will find the deer

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                          they run less with a 7 mag. you may not find the bullet but you will find at least PARTS of the deer
                          Fixed it for you LOL

RD

Comment

I love terminal ballistics and bullet performance. Probably a little too much according to some but I’m digging this thread. I’ll have to see if I can find some to add to

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Head or neck. They don't go far.

Comment

Working...
                              X