Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Vanes on fatboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanes on fatboys

Was thinking of buying some Fatboys for shooting 3d and was wondering if I would run into clearance issues if I went with blazers or 2" vanes?
    It seams like my fletching would make contact with my cable or maybe the rest.
    Any input would be great.
    Thanks......

Blazer x2 Target vanes

Comment

Adjust the rest and/or nocking point for clearance. Also, consider using the mini blazers or smaller vanes since there are no broad-heads used in 3-D. The full sized Blazers were really meant to help steady the shaft with increased broad-head rotation. But I agree, they do work great for field tipped shafts too.

Comment

Hey thanks. I like the mini vane idea.

Comment

I personally shoot Fatboys for 3D competition. I currently shoot the regular blazer vanes and they shoot fine. BUT I'm fixing to go to a low profile x-vane in 3" length to get better clearance and still have stablilty with the longer vanes with a slight offset on a straight jig.

Comment

I had problems getting the regular Blazer vanes across my Bodoodle rest with the fat boy arrows. I had to go with the 1.8 Duravane 3D. If you are shooting a fall away it should be no problem. Or even a lizard tongue type.

Comment

Working...
            X