Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Year on a Lease, which one would you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of them. If you are hunting in atascosa county as I think you previously mentioned in another post, I'd wait until about December 10th and hunt the next two weeks every chance you get. That's when those deer rut and you'll end up killing a deer you don't have any pictures of that shows up to check your residential does.

Comment

If I were you, I would try to kill the first one that shows his vampire hide in the daylight under your stand. I'm assuming if you had daytime pics you would have posted them. Nightcrawlers don't present many shot ops. Hope you get one !

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
        None of them. If you are hunting in atascosa county as I think you previously mentioned in another post, I'd wait until about December 10th and hunt the next two weeks every chance you get. That's when those deer rut and you'll end up killing a deer you don't have any pictures of that shows up to check your residential does.
        Thanks for tip. I'll try and wait it out.

Comment

7pt

Comment

If you are planning on being on the lease long term, I would shoot the 7pt. But I passed a 4.5 yr old 135 inch 11pt one year because we thought we would be there long term...would have been my biggest buck with a bow. We got crossways with the lease broker and got off after one year. I still regret not shooting that buck.

Comment

Take the 7. That 10pt could really be special in a year or two. I'm apathetic on the 8pt. If you like when he walks out take him. But the 10 definitely gets a pass and the 7pt would be my first choice.

And I agree with the rut statement. If you're allowed two bucks, you can shoot the 7pt as a cull then still have a trophy left to shoot during the rut.

Comment

3rd one if the chance presents itself

Comment

Managements would be the first to go.
                  1. 7 point
                  2. 8 point
                  3. trophy (10 pt.+)

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio_III View Post
                    Managements would be the first to go.
                    1. 7 point
                    2. 8 point
                    3. trophy (10 pt.+)
                    im definitely going to let the 10pt walk. Whoever shows first between the other two and a shot is presented then I will make a move.

Comment

It would be the 7pt for me

Comment

#3 only, let the others get some age on them.

Comment

In south Texas I wouldn't shoot any of those deer. If I had to shoot one it would be number 2 based on the pics he is the only one that is near being mature. Crappy pics to judge age from but with the great rain this year I'm thinking the 7 pt is only 2.5, and to already have that kind of width I would let him walk.

Comment

Working...
                          X