Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm shooting 65 pounds.

Comment

Interesting scenario. I can't say I've shot a ton of deer with them 4 to be exact however I personally love these broadheads and the theory behind it. All deer are different and every shot is different so its hard to say. I can say that it'll be a long time before I switch if ever confidence goes a long way you have to feel confident in your equipment. I've never been a big fan of the rear deploy rages so I went with Swhacker and I won't be looking back. Quick Story I shot a doe 2 years ago hit a little low almost on the white missed all the vitals but it left a huge cut in the bottom of her and she just completely ran out of blood. That hunt showed me firsthand how crazy it is how much blood a deer actually has. Good Luck!

Comment

My speed a couple of months ago at the archery range at 65lbs was 280fps.

Comment

That may be part of the issue but not sure. All broadheads will kill a deer if you hit them right but some have more advantages than others. I shoot a Bowtech Insanity around 345 fps so I know the KE is there. Maybe somebody in that fps range can shed some light.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
            My speed a couple of months ago at the archery range at 65lbs was 280fps.
            If you need more than that to make a broadhead work, that's not saying much about the broadhead. So glad you found him & tried to end it as ethically & quickly as possible. Those old bucks are a lot tougher than a doe or young buck. Really neat deer regardless. Congrats!

Comment

i shot my buck with the swhacker 125. did awesome work. blades just needed to be resharpened and ready to go.

Comment

I start using shwacker about 4 years ago. I've tried many kind of broadheads including Rage, Shwacker have so far work the best for me, and has made the best blood trials. Now everyone has to find what works for themselfs and have confidence in what they shoot. This is a Shwacker kill I got Sat morning in east Texas. 35 yard shot , only went about 50 yards.
                Attached Files

Comment

What's your total arrow weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Cold Bobby View Post
                    I start using shwacker about 4 years ago. I've tried many kind of broadheads including Rage, Shwacker have so far work the best for me, and has made the best blood trials. Now everyone has to find what works for themselfs and have confidence in what they shoot. This is a Shwacker kill I got Sat morning in east Texas. 35 yard shot , only went about 50 yards.
                    What a great deer.

Comment

I shoot the Beman ICS 400 Hunter arrow. The weight is 8.4 (grains/inch).

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Cold Bobby View Post
                        That's a great buck. Congrats!

Maybe I was just really unlucky on all three shots even though they were all in the lung/heart area, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                          That's a great buck. Congrats!

Maybe I was just really unlucky on all three shots even though they were all in the lung/heart area, who knows.
                          Back to you on your buck. I had the same problems with the Rage as you are with the Shwacker. I also sharpen the blade on the my broadheads too. I do this on all broadheads I shoot.

Comment

Broadheads are like trucks and women, once in your life you're bound to get a bad one. Never shot the shwackers, but have heard good things about them. Oh, by the way, my first statement could be geared toward the lady green screeners, too. "Broadheads are like trucks and men....." Just CMA.

Comment

Neat buck. Glad you got him.

Comment

Working...
                              X