Who ran .224 a max bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who ran .224 a max bullets

Today I was able to score a brand new box of max .224 80 gr bullets, these will be run in a fast twist 22 creedmoor 26” barrel. Was wondering who has run the a max bullets and how they did. These will be deer and predator billets.

No one ?

Comment

IMO they may work for predator but you are asking for a disaster using them for whitetail especially at the velocity of a 22 Creedmoor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got a 1-8" twist 22-250 last year. Loading 75 gr A-max @ 3100 fps. Killed 2 spikes and 5 aoudad with it so far. First 6 were DRT, last aoudad was right at 380ish yards. He went about 30', then fell over.

Put your bullet were it belongs and you will have NO troubles.

EDIT: These were broadside heart/lung shots, no major bones hit.
        Last edited by REDGUN; 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I use the 52gr AMax in my .222.
          Just shot the gong and paper.

Comment

Run 75 and 80 Amax's in a 223Ai at 3000fps and they do fine.

Shot 105gr amax in a fast twisted 243 Win and the jackets were coming apart about every 3-4 rounds. These were pre "amp" style.

Comment

Have not run that one in a 22 Creed but run 75gr A-Max in 22-243 so not much difference. At 3300+ fps they would not be my choice for deer but like above stated just through the ribs into the vitals they will work. For varmints they will be deadly. I would suggest a good dose of Reloader 26 with them and you might be very surprised at the velocities obtainable. I got better accuracy at just over 3300 fps but know some running 75gr bullets at 3500 from a creed with great accuracy

Comment

Working...
              X