League City Cabelas and traffic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

League City Cabelas and traffic?

I was given $600 in Cabelas gift cards and another $150 on suprise money to spend there. The new store just happens to be opening today and it's my birthday. Well it's my day off and after some "rat killin" a grabbed the wife and off we went. Good Lord what a freaking mess. Cars lined up as far as you can see and the lot is packed. It's not like there isn't any other big box hunting & fishing stores in the Houston area. With 2 Bass Pro Shops and a Gander Mountain as wall as countless Academys in the area you'd think the store opening would be of a little less note. I can only imagine the redneck wannabes swarming over the store like a hoard of schoolgirls at 1/2 price bra day at Victoria's Secret. Next time I'll ask for Carters Country gift cards.

I hope to go there this weekend.

Comment

There were a lot of cars in the lot at 4:30 this morning.

Comment

They were giving away gift cards to the first 500 or so people in the store...

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          They were giving away gift cards to the first 500 or so people in the store...
          This combined with it being Spring Break for most of the surrounding school districts.

Comment

Says the guy who tried to go to Cabelas on its grand opening.... during spring break.

Oh and happy birthday!

Comment

I got to go yesterday

Comment

I went today, honestly wasn't too impressed. I like the big Bass Pro in Katy much more.

Comment

I went after work around 7:30 and it wasn't bad... A lot of folks and way too many little crotch-droppings with these stupid little noisy pop guns but the crowd wasn't the worst I've ever seen.

Pretty good selection of stuff for such a small store.. And they carry 77gr 5.56 OTM!!!! now my SBR can feed!!

Comment

I went after work. Thought there would be some sales. But no. I was wrong. Crowed. Did get the game cam I was looking for this weekend. I am glad it is so close bye.

Comment

I will give it a month for the new to wear off. LMAO

Comment

Those gift cards work online.

Comment

Cabelas and Academy the stores to go to when you don't know you need to waste money on something lol

Never fails they're out of or don't carry what I need when I'm hunting something specific.

Comment

Can't get a Ruger AR-556 online unless it's shipped to an FFL. Want to do the touchy freely thing to see if something else catches my eye though. Guess I'll wait a week or so and go back.

Comment

It doesn't help that 45 is under major construction....all a huge mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X