No announcement yet.

Camon Texas.... Dangit!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we not let anyone else in from Kalifornia? Or does that hurt someone's feelings?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Can we not let anyone else in from Kalifornia? Or does that hurt someone's feelings?
      I've said this years ago. Each State needs to have it's own rules set. If Colorado wants all drugs to be legal so be it. If California wants to be run by women and gays and go into debt then bankruptcy so be it. Anything goes... And the rules stay. If you don't like them then move to a State with your beliefs.

Complete BS when people move to any State and then try to change that State.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        In Liberty County, the local elections are won/lost in the primaries... Ain't many DemoKrauts in Liberty county... Whoever wind the Repulsican primary wins the election... This little county is about as RED as they git!

Ain't that right Tmag?!
        Man .. I hope your right. The 36th Congressional seat holds some pretty scary possibilities .

Comment

Sad. All the minorities who vote Left are coming from down south

Wanting free things

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            Check out who is courting those California based businesses to move to Texas. The workers follow the work and bring their opinions with them. The more deep blue state businesses that move to Texas for tax and regulation breaks the more deep blue voters we will have.

Comment

Anyone run those numbers?? Doesn’t look like they are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw the news this morning said Republicans turned out 50% more than Democrats. Guess things turned around real quick. Seems like more Republicans simply waited for election day rather than early voting.

Comment

It's the highest democrat voter turnout since 2002 - when Obama won his first term and the democrats took a super majority in the US senate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    It's the highest democrat voter turnout since 2002 - when Obama won his first term and the democrats took a super majority in the US senate.
                    Yep..
                    I talked to some ladies that work the booths.. They said that the democrats are out in numbers like they have never seen before.

It's bad enough that it's making FOX news almost daily..

Comment

If you look at the dem ballots you realize there are several hotly contested primary seats. Very few are running uncontested. This is the reason for the turn out. Doesn't mean we don't all need to get out and vote in the general, just means they are having an identity crisis.

Comment

It looks like their plan to invaid Texas from all directions and turn Texas blue may be working... I surely hope not but I'll say this for the liberals... When they have a goal, not matter how screwed up that goal may appear to conservatives, they go after it no holds barred..
                        Just look at all they have accomplished... In 8 years They set this country back 40 in every category and they arent done yet..

Comment

Yep, I completely agree there. I did look at the voter turnout and it wasn't anything overly spectacular. Repubs still vastly outnumbered dems in almost every district. I think it was more of an extra early vote turnout as opposed to more voters in general.

Comment

I have seen people on here and people I have talked with say that they are going to vote against all incumbents. In some cases that may be voting against someone that is actually a good person ad politician and it just might put someone in, either Republican or Democrat that may be way worse. Not sure I understand this thinking. I realize a ton of the incumbents are worthless, but there are some (few) that are fairly decent.

Comment

4 things I see here:
                              1 - The first mid-term of a change in the presidential party get's the other party out much stronger due to their motivation to oppose the sitting president. It happens a lot. Republicans did it in 2010. That doesn't mean the majority in congress will shift, but it's the easiest time for the opposition party to gain seats.
                              2 - Democrats typically lead in raw numbers during early voting. I havn't seen overall turnout numbers yet, but I'd bet that Republicans made significant gains on election day.
                              3 - Republicans had fewer "hotly contested" primaries. Due to less drama, it's less likely to bring them out in droves.
                              4 - While primary elections are important, the general is where it counts in the balance of power. The question is will R's have enough motivation to go vote? If they do, they'll show their sheer dominance by numbers remain in Texas.

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand that mindset either. I voted for who I liked in the primary, and will vote for who I have to in the general. There are some seats that I have a preference for a particular candidate, and they are not the incumbent, but most I honestly only know what they say and not who they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X