Invites to buddies to hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDL View Post
    I pretty much have an open invite to my best friends ranch....

Oh and it’s a good one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Show off. Nice buck and a good friend to let you shoot one like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
      I pretty much have an open invite to my best friends ranch....

Oh and it’s a good one!!

Great buck, even better friend

Comment

I have a couple buddies that I go with from time to time. Sometimes it during deer season, sometimes not. Either way I don’t kill a deer, just pigs or whatever else is on the list. I have my own lease to kill deer. Same rules when they come to my place. I always take plenty of food and a couple bottles of whiskey.

Comment

This year we have been blessed with a few invites to some buddies places for my son to shoot does and culls. Being only his 2nd year behind the rifle he is loving it. We bring food and beer, help cook, and whatever chores we can help with.
          Last edited by ColinR; 01-04-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

A couple years ago I was invited out to a buddies deer lease for a weekend. Didn’t kill a deer but it enjoyable. I hunt family land/my land so I don’t get to enjoy campfires at the lease, drinking beer with buddies and swapping stories of past hunts and what we saw that day.

That was the last time.

Comment

I have a friend who will invite me to Brady from time to time. Had a couple of trips fall through this year, but it wasn’t a big deal. He’s an excellent carpenter, specializes in trim work, and there are a couple hundred thousand houses that need trim work in our area right now, so he’s been busy. He’s only been able to go twice this year, and both times family went with him. Can’t complain about that. I went up before the season and helped out around the place, so even if it didn’t work out for a trip this year, it will eventually. I may get to go next weekend for spike/doe. Or I may get to go for spring turkey. And if I don’t, that’s okay, too. At some point I’ll get back out there. The main thing is to follow his rules when I’m there. He’s very particular about a few things. No drinking, no smoking, no young bucks other than spikes. And there’s a buck running around right now that is off limits. I can live with that, considering he doesn’t mind me shooting a nice buck. I had another friend locally that I hunted with some, but unfortunately my family cut ties with one of my cousins, and his wife is HER cousin. We’re still friends, but I don’t want to put him in an awkward situation, so I haven’t hunted with him the last two seasons. Hopefully that will die down eventually.

Comment

I've gotten invites always bring corn, steaks, beer, whiskey, buy breakfast lunch etc. I invited an employee of mine and set him in a blind by himself this yr for a doe. Well he shot a button buck and got blasted drunk that evening and ruined the whole trip. I'll still invite but I'll be more picky about who I let come out anymore people ruin everything and I now understand the no guest policy

Comment

I’m very fortunate to get a few invites my wife’s father and step father both take me hunting. We got to Tilden every year and it’s a free for all shoot what you want 10 points and better have to be shoulder mounted. This is usually a big group we take turns cooling and usually do a few minor chores we also usually head Down during September for a dive hunt/work weekend.

My step father in law started taking me to his place in Karnes city where he is very management minded and I took my first buck there this year. He doesn’t ask anything of me usually. My trade off this year was I painted a deer blind and helped build a feed pen.

Comment

When I've had leases I always made it a priority to invite some family and friends. I have also gotten a few invites from friends over those years. I've been lease less the last three years, hopefully that changes this next year and I can extend some invites.

Comment

Deer leases are very expensive, mine at least. Call them and offer to buy the feed to fill up a feeder. That would work with my cheap friends that wanted to come hunt cull bucks.

Comment

I do alot of invites. Never got one though. No big deal. I am glad to share with friends and family and get to put smile on faces.

Comment

I have an awesome friend that allows me out on his place. I bring food, corn, liquor, blind chairs, etc. anything I can think of that helps out. I haven’t hunted it in years because we both have been very busy and not local but things are looking better to settling down.

Comment

Have always invited guests when I have been able. Last weekend my son and I put 3 generations of deer hunters into blinds on our place in Gonzales. A great young teenager was able to shoot his first buck while the grandfather whiffed on an 8 point! When they left to go home that day it doesn’t get much better than that!

While I have done that many times through the years ... I have never been invited to hunt as a guest! What’s up with that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt with friends and neighbors all the time. It’s what makes it fun!

I wouldn’t invite someone to hunt on me and tell them they couldn’t shoot a big buck if it walked out, and honestly I’d be pretty put off if someone did that to me?

Ill buy or at least split groceries if I’m going somewhere for the weekend, but don’t expect anyone to buy anything if they come to my camp. We don’t do the corn thing so there’s really nothing to bring other than thick skin and beverages!

Comment

I'm lucky enough to get a recurring invite. Normally get to go 3-4 times a year. Go down in the summer to fill feeders and then during season to help shoot does and culls.
                                Always have a great time and will see done great deer as well!!

Comment

Working...
                                X