AC for Camper in Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC for Camper in Storage

What do you use for keep your camper temperature under control while in storage?

My trailer stays plugged in year around unless I’m on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, I was trying to figure out something for my garage, where I can't use a mini-split. There was a thread a few weeks ago on the topic, but no luck in the search.

Comment

Mine stays plugged in and inside a shop 365 unless we travel with it, parents leave theirs under covered storage plugged in as well

Comment

Ok, plugged in with the ac on, r just to keep the battery and fridge cold

Comment

I owned a camper for 25 years and kept my fridge on all the time when plugged in and not in use. I never ran the AC unless we were camping. I kept ours under a RV cover and left the roof vents open.

Comment

Mine stays under a cover with AC on but set around 85-90, no frig running and a dehumidifier with a drain tube so I don't have be worry about dumping water. 30 AMP outlet on the back of the house which is out of the pic.

Comment

This is a “white privileged” thread

Comment

Dam right it is

Comment

Is it in NO or Rocksprings. The only reason you need to run the AC when you're not there is to keep humidity down.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Is it in NO or Rocksprings. The only reason you need to run the AC when you're not there is to keep humidity down.
                      I was asking for a different application. A few weeks back there was a thread regarding the camper AC. I wasn't able to find it, so started this on. I need to condition my garage, but can't use a mini-split. Going to go with a portable AC.

Comment

Don't use AC unless camping. Keep plugged in, under a cover, so the fridge and battery stays charged, but that is about it.

Comment

Mine is under a lean to but I don’t run the AC or refrigerator all the time. Neither are designed to run full time like a residential refrigerator.

Now if you high rollers have non ammonia type residential refrigerators it probably doesn’t hurt to run them all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                          X