Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > 3D/Tournament

Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
The Greek
Ten Point

Hunt In: SOUTH TEXAS
Default "LSBA REGIONAL"SALT GRASS JUNE 1st

Sunday June 1st Salt Grass hosting the LSBA regional start at 9 am.
COME AND SHOOT WITH US.>>>-------->Robin

Last edited by The Greek; 05-28-2009 at 11:16 AM.
The Greek is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
woody
Ten Point

Hunt In: Woodson, TX

Do you have to be a member of LSBA to participate in this shoot? I might bring a couple of my nephews to the shoot and they are not members of LSBA. thanks, Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
JohnnyI
Eight Point

Google Link for Directions:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=13&iwloc=addr
JohnnyI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
Artemis
Four Point

Woody,

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Do you have to be a member of LSBA to participate in this shoot? I might bring a couple of my nephews to the shoot and they are not members of LSBA. thanks, Woody
From LSBA's website:

Shooters do not have to be L.S.B.A. members to compete. To qualify for All-Region or State tropies you must be a current member of L.S.B.A.. To compete for All region Champion, a participant must be a current member of the L.S.B.A. from the first shoot they
participate in for the year.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
The Greek
Ten Point

Default Lsba

Lsba Sunday At Salt Grass

Last edited by The Greek; 05-28-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
The Greek
Ten Point

Default Lsba 2008

2008 LSBA Rules and Classes
Shooters do not have to be L.S.B.A. members to compete. To qualify for All-Region or State trophies you must be a current member of L.S.B.A. To compete for All Region Champion, a participant must be a current member of the L.S.B.A. from the first shoot they participate in for the year.
All score cards must be shuffled and groups busted. A group with 3 or 4 friends or family members, plus an outside person is considered busted, provided that the outside person is one of the score-keepers for the group.
All score cards must be turned in by ________ o’clock. (The time will be set by the tournament committee per shoot). Shoots will begin at 9:00am on Sunday. (Shotgun Start)
Double scoring is required. Score cards will be collected at the end of the course. All score cards must be legible, completed, and signed to be accepted. Score cards shall not be altered after the shooter signs his or her score card to verify the accuracy of his or her score. Once a score card is turned in, it is official. If scores do not match, the lowest score will be counted.
Shooters are to be responsible for their own score cards. There will be no duplicate score cards issued.
Once a shooter commences shooting a course, he or she, must finish with their own group, or as assigned by a range official.
Targets will be scored as follows:
12 points – Small circle within the 10 ring
10 points – Circle inside the vital area
8 points - The vital area other than the 10 or 12 ring
5 points - The remainder of the animal touching body color, including hoof.
0 points - A miss or an arrow stuck in the horn
To score points, the arrow must be stuck in the target except for the Mini-cub class and for pass-throughs that are witnessed. These arrows are to be scored as agreed by the group or shot over. No glance offs will be scored, unless the hit is in a scoring section and witnessed. (Some targets have hard spots, inserts, pipes, etc that may cause an arrow to bounce from the scoring area of a target)
An arrow shaft touching a line, receives the higher score.
An arrow that renders an arrow already shot in a target unshootable will receive the score of the original arrow in the target.
Targets are to be scored by both scorers before arrows can be pulled. If an arrow is pulled before it is scored, it counts as 0 points.
Only one arrow per archer shot at each target will be allowed.
Targets are to be set at unknown distances with the vital areas open and targets
distinguishable. Maximum yardages are to be set absolutely no longer than stated in the 2008 L.S.B.A. 3D Class Descriptions (handouts available)
The shoot will consist of a mixture of 30 3D targets of various sizes.
All L.S.B.A. sanctioned shoots will have three (3) shooting stakes. The stakes and classes are as follows:

RED STAKE: (50 yard max)
Male Bowhunter Open (MBO)
Female Bowhunter Open (FBO)
BLUE STAKE: (25 yard max)
Male Longbow (MLB) Female Longbow (FLB)
Male Recurve (MR) Female Recurve (MR)
Teen Traditional (TT) Youth Traditional (YT)
Youth Compound (YC)
WHITE STAKE: (35 yard max)
Male Bowhunter (MB)
Female Bowhunter (FB)
Male Bowhunter Novice (MBN)
Teen Compound (TC)

MINI-CUBS may shoot from anywhere.
All classes will shoot no more than five (5) targets within five (5) yards of the maximum range for the class.
The shooter's age, as of January 1st of that shooting year, qualifies a shooter for the classes of Mini-Cub, Youth, Teen. If your birthday comes in the middle of the year, you do not have to move up to the next class.
The shooter must touch the stake with some portion of their body while making the shot.
The furthest stake from the target are to be shot first unless directed differently by range official. No shooter can walk between the stake and the target before shooting.
Any obstacle that can be touched from the stake can be removed by the shooter.
The range will be inspected by the L.S.B.A. Tournament Director, or one of his designated representatives.
The first shooter will have two (2) minutes to shoot. Each subsequent shooter will have one (1) minute to shoot. The second warning from officials will result in the disqualification of the shooter.
A shooting session may be interrupted for a maximum time limit of THIRTY (30) minutes for replacement or repair of faulty equipment. All equipment failures shall be reported to a range or shoot official. After equipment repair has been made, the shooter will return to his/her own group to shoot the remaining targets. Any missed targets will then be shot with a range official.
If a shooter has any questions on shooting stake color, equipment or class they should be in, please ask before registering and starting on the range.
Arrows must have at least five (5) grains of weight for every pound of bow pull.
Clickers, Fine Line Type sights, and levels are all permissible.
For Traditional Equipment, any string walkers with marks on the string will be considered as aided. Markings on tabs, gloves, bow sight window, or string will not be permissible. At least one finger must be touching the nock while at full draw.
Fixed pins are defined as points on the bow, set at predetermined distances that are not allowed to be moved up or down while on the range. Competitors in “Fixed Pin” classes may make one “gang adjustment” of their sight during competition without calling a breakdown. The adjustment may be made following a shot, and prior to proceeding to the next target, under the following procedure: (1) inform the group, (2) make the adjustment to the whole pin set in front of the group. Individual pins may not be adjusted.
Overdraws are legal in all classes.
All sights, stabilizers, and v-bars must not extend more than thirty (30) inches from the forward edge of the bow, at the point of attachment, in all classes except Open Classes.
Any equipment that falls outside our existing guidelines will be put in the Open Class until such time that the L.S.B.A. Executive Council makes a ruling as to which class it should be placed in.
Binoculars and cameras will be allowed on the course. Any type of range finder, whether used or not, will be grounds for disqualification.
There will be no discussion of yardage before all arrows have been scored.
To be crowned All Region Champion, you must compete in the same class for all regional shoots. There will be six (6) Regional Shoots. In order to be crowned as All Region Champion a competitor must compete in four (4) Regional Tournaments.
Male Bowhunter Novice: A participant can only win this class one time and at that time you will need to advance to the Male Bowhunter Class Any points that you have accrued during the year will advance with you. No Regional Champion will be awarded in Novice Class.
The Tournament Director will rule on any problems or items not specifically covered and all of his decisions are final.
Protest can be made and must be filed with the Protest Committee within 30 minutes of last shooter coming off the range. No protest will be heard until the Committee receives a fee of $20.00 with a written protest. The Protest Committee will consist of the Tournament Director or his representative, the hosting club President, or Officer, and three (3) archers selected by the Director. Any decision made by the Protest Committee is final.
If the Protest Committee rules that a shooter is disqualified for cheating, the shooter will be disqualified from All-Region competition and will also be ineligible to participate in any L.S.B.A. sanctioned shoot for the time of twelve (12) months.
No sky pulling is allowed. Please draw your bow level or pointing at the ground. A second warning will mean disqualification from the tournament.
Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed on the range or to be consumed prior to the shoot.
In order to claim the L.S.B.A. State, or All-Region titles in all classes other than Youth and Mini Cubs, you have to be a current member of the L.S.B.A.. Please remember to keep your membership current. Please remember, to be crowned All Region Champ, you MUST be a member of the L.S.B.A. from the first shoot you participate in for the year.
Dealers and immediate family only may shoot under a Dealer Membership.
If you shoot Pro/Semi-pro class in any other organization you must shoot Non-Compete class. If you begin year shooting in any class, you cannot move down in class.
Mini-Cubs may shoot from anywhere on the shooting lane. Mini-Cubs will receive awards at all shoots.
You must have fun!!! >>>----->Robin

Last edited by The Greek; 05-28-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
The Greek
Ten Point

LSBA shoot this Sunday.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
The Greek
Ten Point

Default Saltgrass

Lsba This Sunday

Old 05-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
The Greek
Ten Point

We work on the range on Saturday,eny one from
LSBA GOING TO BE THERE.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #10
The Greek
Ten Point

We going to be at Salt Grass at 10am Saturday,to set the range .I need some one from LSBA
>>>------>Robin

Old 05-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #11
The Greek
Ten Point

ttt
Old 05-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #12
BoBean
Spike

I am new to the area, just transfered here from Alabama. I'm interested in driving down for the shoot but I have to get my sight set up for the distance. What time do you guys gather up for the shoot and do you have a practice range to set up on prior to the start?

Bob Bean
BoBean is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-31-2008, 09:53 PM   #13
The Greek
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBean View Post
I am new to the area, just transfered here from Alabama. I'm interested in driving down for the shoot but I have to get my sight set up for the distance. What time do you guys gather up for the shoot and do you have a practice range to set up on prior to the start?

Bob Bean
Yes we going to open at 7:30 practice range from 20yard's to 80 yard's cloce 8:55 the shoot start at 9:00am.Isee you there.
>>>----->Robin

Old 05-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #14
BoBean
Spike

is it a shotgun start or staggered all day?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #15
The Greek
Ten Point

Shotgun start at 9:am.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
The Greek
Ten Point

Lsba Shoot Here Some Pictures,and I Will Come Back With More.

Last edited by The Greek; 06-18-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
boos2
Eight Point

I had a great time today at my first ever 3-d Shoot
boos2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #18
BoBean
Spike

Thanks for all the effort and labor putting the shoot on today. We all had a great time and I am greatful to the team for putting it all together so that we could all have a wonderful time. I look forward to the next one. It is always a pleasure meeting new people at a shoot.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #19
woody
Ten Point

Hunt In: Woodson, TX

I also want to thank the folks at Salt grass and LSBA for putting on a great shoot. I know there is a lot of work involved in the Texas heat to set up an event like this and we had a fantastic time. The course was laid out well and the shade trees really helped. I drove from Cypress to attend and would definately do it again. Great job !!! Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #20
The Greek
Ten Point

Thank's to all archers.We going to have the June 28 and 29 3-d shoot for Salt Grass
MEMBERS 10:OO NON MEMMBERS 15:I SEE YOU THEN we start at 10:AM.
Here some pictures from the shoot.
Thank's woody BoBean Boos2

Last edited by The Greek; 06-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #21
The Greek
Ten Point

Dond worry be happy.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #22
Ol Man
Ten Point

Had a great time - very nice course - just wish it wasn't so dang hot!!!! Oh well Texas in the summer!
Ol Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #23
The Greek
Ten Point

THANK'S Ol Man.here more pictures from the shoot.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:17 AM   #24
The Greek
Ten Point

The Shoot >>>>------>

Old 06-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #25
Artemis
Four Point

Thanks to all who came out to shoot! I wish I could have been there, but unfortunately I was unable to make it. Glad to see so many TBHers made it out.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top