Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > 3D/Tournament

Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
skeeter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties
Default 1st Broken Bow shoot

First off, it was great to meet everyone tonight. Its nice to be able to put faces with (screen)names! I was reaaly suprised we had such a great turnout. It look ed like it was gonna fall aprt at the last minute but I have to say, Forrest did an excellant job pulling everything together for this shoot.

Late yesterday evening, he was notified that we would not be able to shoot there due to a scheduling conflict. A youth archery league was booked on the same night as our first shoot. But we were able to get in to the Gander Mountain on 290. Thanks Forrest for getting everything taken care of. I was at work today and was no help.

We had 15 paid members shoot tonight. There was also a Landrovette sighting! There were 3 $25 gift cards given away as well. Congrats to the lucky winners. George Zodan, Christi Zodan and Tim Boyd! Talk about get even on your entry fee!

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next shoot. I plan on shooting this time. I was unabe to shoot tonight due to working late and having to leave the shoot early. (the a/c guy was at my house. time for a new unit)
The next shoot will be at the 290 Gander Mountain on May 29.

The Greek was able to take a few pix in between shooting and giving lessons! (that guy can shoot!) Woody and Ol Man were there with there trad gear! That was pretty cool. I gotta get me a recurve!

See yall in a couuple of weeks.

Dan
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
bobo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction

For the record it's George and Christi Zedan. They both paid tonight and both got drawn for the gift cards. They couldn't have asked for a better rate of return on their memberships.

Them two are good friends of mine and I mentioned the league to George a few weeks ago and he agreed to be a member but would pay up on the night of the first shootl

If their luck continues the way it did tonight I might have to kick'em out. They are not current members of TBH so don't tell them I said that.
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nebraska, Montgomery Co., Colorado Co.

Well i don't know how well I pulled it off! I know for a fact that I had an adult ADD moment several times.

I will tell ya this though, for as little time as I had to get us a spot to shoot, round up targets, do my honey do's, and get ready for my hunt this weekend, it kinda resembles a train wreck! But it all worked itself out. It was great seeing a bunch of folks(some if not most that had never met before) pretty much just fall in like we had known each other forever. And thats what Dan and I wanted out of this whole deal. So that part is coming along great.

I would like to say thanks for those that were able to make it out tonight and not ripping me apart for the confusion. It will be 100% better next time. Two weeks to plan one shoot is much easier than a month to plan eight! At least I hope.

As Dan said before, congrats to our first(and walk ins I might add) winners of the nightly drawing. And don't worry Christi, there are going to be more women showing up next time.

Again, thanks everyone. I am looking forward to the next shoot and another session of good times. I hope everyone enjoyed.And hopefully I will have a pile of LDP's for ya next week!
DrenalinJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

Thanks for the correction on the last name spelling bobo. It was a bit hard to read. Thanks for bringing them in and Mike as well. Hope he got the clearance problem worked out.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #5
skeeter
Pope & Young

DJ,
keep me posted on your hunt. We should have phone service and OT will have his lap top. We should be able to be in touch. You decided on a ram or an axis buck? Go ahead and shoot both. I dont mind!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #6
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

ram for sure, and at least an axis doe. Don't know if the adviser will let me get that much for a Birth Day present so the axis buck may have to wait.

Last edited by DrenalinJunkie; 05-15-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
bobo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction

Mike just started shooting he's new to the game. One thing is for certain the blazers are making contact with the buss cable "harness". He's in a delima, shooting the cockvane out the blazers will clear the cables, but he's using a ripchord which the cockvane should be up. Something about the Alleigance and the way the riser is built. I suggested a cable slide bar that can be rotated to move the strings just a hair to clear the vanes or use those Ultra Super Slides that pull the cables to the other side of the bar and roll on the bar. Other than that I suggested some lumiknocks so we could see if his arrow was fish tailing.

Last edited by bobo; 05-15-2008 at 11:41 PM.
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2008, 11:44 PM   #8
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

Yeah I had mentioned an offset cable slide bar as well. That may be the ticket.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
Jon-Paul
Administrator

Nice meeting everyone as well.

Hey Forrest better watch out LIL Landrover is hitting the target better than you.
Jon-Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #10
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdafonte2000 View Post
Nice meeting everyone as well.

Hey Forrest better watch out LIL Landrover is hitting the target better than you.
SO WHAT!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:46 AM   #11
skeeter
Pope & Young

She was stackin em in there, huh?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #12
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

yeah she was. Oh well, its been a long time since I got beat by a girl. where better than in front of a live crowd! Great shooting lil landrover!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:08 AM   #13
skeeter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
yeah she was. Oh well, its been a long time since I got beat by a girl. where better than in front of a live crowd! Great shooting lil landrover!
You got beat by a LITTLE GIRL with pink arrows!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #14
woody
Ten Point

Hunt In: Woodson, TX

I had a great time. I completed my first 2 bank shot {off the wall, then the floor and into the target} and if the 12-ring was on the deer's hindquarter, I would have had my best score to date. I was so jealous of George, because my wife isnt interested in archery. However, I am going to buy her a bow and if she wont shoot it, then my daughter will. It was nice to meet everyone and I look forward to our next shoot. Thanks to Forrest and Dan for setting this up. Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
Hillwhacker
Six Point

Hunt In: Baylor County

It was nice meeting everyone last night. I had a good time. Thanks goes out to Forrest and Dan for putting this all together!

Ed
Hillwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #16
casper
Eight Point

Hunt In: Edwards and Erath

It was great meeting everyone. Props go to Dan and Forrest for pulling it off on short notice. I enjoyed watching Ol man and Woody with the recurves. Maybe after I get my training wheels off, I'll get one too.

Ty
casper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #17
The Greek
Ten Point

Hunt In: SOUTH TEXAS
Default I Like It

Here Some Pictures From The First Shoot.

Last edited by The Greek; 06-18-2009 at 12:49 PM.
The Greek is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
Artemis
Four Point

Hi all! George (The Greek) was telling me that he came out and had a great time. He really liked the shoot and really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to TBH names. By the way, we have a new member at Salt Grass (John Poss) who is an archery instructor. If y'all know of anyone interested in lessons, he has a forum on the Salt Grass discussion board.

Also, if you are looking for places to hold future shoots, you are always welcome at Salt Grass. We hold our club shoots on the 4th weekend of each month, but the rest of the month we are available. We have a barbeque pit (large) and a pavilion with ceiling fans and picnic tables so we can hook you up with a pretty nice facility.

One of these days I may be able to get out and shoot. Y'all keep flinging them!
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #19
The Greek
Ten Point

Hunt In: SOUTH TEXAS
Default John Poss

Here Some Pictures.
I SEE YOU ON THE NEXT SHOOT.>>>----->ROBIN

Last edited by The Greek; 06-18-2009 at 12:50 PM.
The Greek is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #20
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdafonte2000 View Post
Yeah, now if i can get her momma to shoot a bow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
Too funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
You got beat by a LITTLE GIRL with pink arrows!!!
Those PINK Axis ST's do come outta that lil bow smokin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Hi all! George (The Greek) was telling me that he came out and had a great time. He really liked the shoot and really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to TBH names.
GEORGE for international bowhunting ambassador!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #21
DrenalinJunkie
Pope & Young

just walked in from my ram hunt. More on that later.

Thanks again to all that made it to our first shoot. We are looking forward to getting more of the members at the next one.