Opinions on Lacrosse rubber boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Lacrosse rubber boots

I've had the same pair of Grange rubber boots for almost 20 years. They've been great but they're finally wearing out. The reviews I've read say Lacrosse's quality has gone way down. Has anyone bought any recently?

Yep, had the soles fall off my last two pairs of Alphaburlys. Mucks are MUCH better.

Comment

I've had a pair of steel toed lacrosse for probably 13 years.

They've split about halfway up the shin that I repaired with jb weld but they're going in the trash soon.

So, no. Haven't bought any recently

Comment

I had some that lasted for years. Price went up and quality went down. Dry rotted and I used them constantly.

Comment

Yep they have gone down hill. I haven’t had good luck with any rubber boots in the last 5 years or so Muck, Irish Setter, Laccrosse and Cabelas have all been dissapointing.

Comment

LaCrosse has been the best for me for over 40 years. Much more durable than yuppy Mucky.

Comment

Guess I have been lucky, still having great luck with LaCross boots and hip waders

Comment

Mine are going on their third season and are holding up. I only wear them during season and keep them inside to help with dry rot

Comment

I’ve had good luck with mine alphabury 800s. 3 years

Comment

Been using my last pair for the last 15 years no problems.

Comment

Had a pair of LaCrosse rubber snake proof boots. I loved them until they both split right of the back seam. LaCrosse wouldn't stand behind them so I am done with them.
                      I have two pair of Mucks now.

Comment

I had a pair of Granges for years that I beat the heck out of. I think they were in the bed of my truck for like 3 years baking in the sun. Best pair of boots/shoes I've owned by far. I just replaced them this past year with another pair, but camo. They have held up good so far.

Comment

Depends on which LaCrosse boots... The alpha burly's are a neoprene/molded sole boot and I have not had any luck with them. Soles have come right off... The original LaCrosse rubber knee and hip boots seem to still be of good quality. I won't buy another pair of Burly's... The regular old rubber boots for me are good to go.

Comment

I still have a pair of camo LaCrosse rubber boots I bought around 1990.. I am getting older and heavier so they aren't a great fit anymore.
                            Todays rubber is made with a chemical cocktail and just don't last like the old rubber from rubber trees.

Comment

I had the Grange for many years before switching to Chippewas for South Texas. I got a new pair of Grange a few years ago and they've held up well.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                              X