Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default Spartan Race San Antonio

Anyone doing it this weekend? I'll be doing the sprint and it will be my first time. I'm a little nervous, I'm hoping not to have to do too many burpees.
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
Hooverfb
Ten Point
 
Hooverfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

I'm planning on trying to do the glen rose one. Recovering from hurt Achilles and forearm. Carrying my son in the woods didn't help my forearm lol.
Goodluck. Would be cool to get a TBH team together at one of these.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2019, 11:01 PM   #3
PassnItOn
Eight Point
 
PassnItOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Angleton, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall, TX
Default

I'll be there and will be doing many Burpees, didn't prep quite like I intended. This will be my second sprint, they are pretty addictive.
PassnItOn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #4
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooverfb View Post
I'm planning on trying to do the glen rose one. Recovering from hurt Achilles and forearm. Carrying my son in the woods didn't help my forearm lol.
Goodluck. Would be cool to get a TBH team together at one of these.
Thanks and good luck in glen rose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassnItOn View Post
I'll be there and will be doing many Burpees, didn't prep quite like I intended. This will be my second sprint, they are pretty addictive.
I just decided to do this 6 weeks ago so I may be there with you on the burpees!
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #5
In-Yo-Grill
Pope & Young
 
In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Waring, TX
Default

Hey vato...glad to see you've kept up with it. My buddy is trying to get me to do the MS ride this year. I love riding the trails and haven't done any long road rides in a couple of years.
In-Yo-Grill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
Hey vato...glad to see you've kept up with it. My buddy is trying to get me to do the MS ride this year. I love riding the trails and haven't done any long road rides in a couple of years.
Thanks man! It's hard for me keeping the weight down so if I do a race here and there it motivates me to exercise, lol. Yeah trail riding is alot more fun than hitting the road.
The MS ride looks like it would be fun if doing it with friends or a big group maybe.
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Me and Alien77721 will be there. He is a veteran at these and will be my first race.

I feel as though I have been conned! Originally I thought we were doing the sprint but he signed us up for the Super!

Prayers please!
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #8
In-Yo-Grill
Pope & Young
 
In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Waring, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
Thanks man! It's hard for me keeping the weight down so if I do a race here and there it motivates me to exercise, lol. Yeah trail riding is alot more fun than hitting the road.
The MS ride looks like it would be fun if doing it with friends or a big group maybe.
My buddy is part owner of a brewery and they've teamed up with Left Hand out of Colorado for the past few years to raise funds for the ride. They do a collaboration beer as well.
In-Yo-Grill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #9
alien77721
Ten Point
 
alien77721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Edna, TX
Hunt In: As far as the arrow flies!
Default

Should be fun! New venue! Just have fun gents! PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!
alien77721 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #10
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
Anyone doing it this weekend? I'll be doing the sprint and it will be my first time. I'm a little nervous, I'm hoping not to have to do too many burpees.
Running on Saturday or Sunday?
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #11
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomTalker View Post
Running on Saturday or Sunday?
Sunday.

Maybe watching the movie 300 before race day will give me some inspiration.
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 02:27 PM   #12
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
Sunday.



Maybe watching the movie 300 before race day will give me some inspiration.


Right!! Good luck! Iím nervous as heck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #13
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Best of luck to you guys!!!
Being my 1st race and at my age the goal is to not get hurt!
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2019, 03:23 PM   #14
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
Best of luck to you guys!!!
Being my 1st race and at my age the goal is to not get hurt!


Thatís my goal too! Wish Iíd tried this earlier too and not waited til 43.

Figure all I can do is give it what I got! Good luck brother!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #15
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Anyone else?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #16
fish4food
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Calhoun County
Default

Fiancť and her friend are running in the sprint. Might go and watch them do burpees, but not sure if it’s worth it. Haha
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2019, 08:53 PM   #17
PassnItOn
Eight Point
 
PassnItOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Angleton, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall, TX
Default

Just turning 52 and running sprint at 10:30 Sunday, kids are running super tomorrow and then joing us old folks for the sprint Sunday. Good luck gentlemen, I’ll be the short chunky one in a red shirt in the burpee pit.
PassnItOn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #18
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

In route! Start time 1pm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #19
wdixon
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Yoakum
Hunt In: Dewitt,Goliad co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomTalker View Post
Me and Alien77721 will be there. He is a veteran at these and will be my first race.

I feel as though I have been conned! Originally I thought we were doing the sprint but he signed us up for the Super!

Prayers please!
good luck
Jordan will be there rooting for our locals
wdixon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #20
redleif
Four Point
 
redleif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default

What's a burpee?
redleif is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #21
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleif View Post
What's a burpee?
drop
hit the ground
pushup
back on your feet & jump up in the air reaching towards the sky

More than one is painful...you should try it pop.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #22
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomTalker View Post
In route! Start time 1pm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck!!!

Let us know how the course was for yall.
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #23
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Best of luck to all participants
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #24
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default



I didnít die!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 04:42 PM   #25
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

^^^ congrats ^^^
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #26
redleif
Four Point
 
redleif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Burpee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
drop
hit the ground
pushup
back on your feet & jump up in the air reaching towards the sky

More than one is painful...you should try it pop.
I could do half of one. Once I was on the ground I would be done.
redleif is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 08:42 PM   #27
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
Good luck!!!



Let us know how the course was for yall.


It got me pretty good but I donít have anything previous to compare to. You have a long walk/run thru creek bed so youíre gonna get wet!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2019, 09:50 PM   #28
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Awesome, congrats on the finish guys, well done!!!
I heard it was a muddy course!
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #29
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default



Was a great weekend for Team Shelby! Boys killed it in their respective races!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #30
fish4food
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Calhoun County
Default

Awesome!
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2019, 07:29 PM   #31
Brute Killer
Pope & Young
 
Brute Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Llano.
Hunt In: Pleasanton
Default

Y'all get signed up. You might see this gal!
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #32
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomTalker View Post


Was a great weekend for Team Shelby! Boys killed it in their respective races!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great pic, congrats!!! Gonna have to get my kids signed up next year.
Not sure how a race can be so hard and fun at the same time but it was! Only obstacle I couldn't complete was the spear throw and those 30 burpees were tough. Had a great time and will be doing it again.
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 12:46 PM   #33
bowfishin fool
Ten Point
 
bowfishin fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Midland TX
Hunt In: Harper Tx, Cuero TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomTalker View Post


Was a great weekend for Team Shelby! Boys killed it in their respective races!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Lookin good there Mr Greg!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bowfishin fool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #34
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
That's a great pic, congrats!!! Gonna have to get my kids signed up next year.
Not sure how a race can be so hard and fun at the same time but it was! Only obstacle I couldn't complete was the spear throw and those 30 burpees were tough. Had a great time and will be doing it again.
We'll be doing more too! I don't remember the last time I was hurting as bad as I am this morning but am ready to do another.
Definitely sign your kids up. My 6 year old blew thru the 1/2 mile course and was thrilled! Our bigger boys had their hands full with the 2 mile course but smashed it! Spartan team didn't hold back on what they threw at the 10-13 year olds. Aliens boy Gideon, did it with Jacob even though he's only 9.

Of course, Alien blew through the obstacles like they weren't even there but the overhead monkey bar style ones (not sure what all y'all had on the Sprint) ate my lunch and I was just too gased by the time I got to the rope climb. Way too many burpees this time around but now I know what I gotta work on.

Not real sure I was thinking straight but we went ahead and paid for the Dallas Beast in October. Got some serious training between now and then to get done!
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #35
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfishin fool View Post
Lookin good there Mr Greg!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but! Glen Rose in October ain't all that far a drive for you!
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #36
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Sorry, meant thanks bud!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #37
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomTalker View Post
We'll be doing more too! I don't remember the last time I was hurting as bad as I am this morning but am ready to do another.
Definitely sign your kids up. My 6 year old blew thru the 1/2 mile course and was thrilled! Our bigger boys had their hands full with the 2 mile course but smashed it! Spartan team didn't hold back on what they threw at the 10-13 year olds. Aliens boy Gideon, did it with Jacob even though he's only 9.

Of course, Alien blew through the obstacles like they weren't even there but the overhead monkey bar style ones (not sure what all y'all had on the Sprint) ate my lunch and I was just too gased by the time I got to the rope climb. Way too many burpees this time around but now I know what I gotta work on.

Not real sure I was thinking straight but we went ahead and paid for the Dallas Beast in October. Got some serious training between now and then to get done!
Good luck with the Beast, you can get your trifecta done! A buddy wants to do the austin super so I will continue to train for that.
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #38
OleTomTalker
Ten Point
 
OleTomTalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria
Hunt In: Sheridan, Victoria, Weesatche and Mississippi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
Good luck with the Beast, you can get your trifecta done! A buddy wants to do the austin super so I will continue to train for that.


Awesome! Iím trying to get off work to do Sprint in Austin. My wife plans to do it for her first


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleTomTalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-25-2019, 11:42 PM   #39
fish4food
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Calhoun County
Default

Austin in May? Fiancť and I might do that one with some friends.
fish4food is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #40
Bowtech Lefty
Pope & Young
 
Bowtech Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Medina and Frio Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4food View Post
Austin in May? Fiancť and I might do that one with some friends.
It's May 18, 19th weekend. You should do it and it's much more fun to do as a group!
Bowtech Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #41
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FBG
Default

Wife did the sprint on Sunday and finished with a 45.57 time.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com