Carbon inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon inserts

What do yall use to glue in carbon inserts,I am used to doing wood arrows and all I have is hot melt.

i used powerbond from bohning and i lost serveral inserts now i use j b weld and haven't had any problems

Comment

I thought about jb weld,I guess when you install them they are INSTALLED.

Comment

I have actually used the hot melt on carbons. I like hot melt when I am tuning arrows cuz it is so easy to remove and replace the insert. Anyway, I was tuning arrows and forgot about it. Screwed on some Magnus 2 blades, spun em, and went huntin. Stuck a 70 lb. pig and it actually held up pretty well. If I recall, the glue holding the broadhead to the adapter failed worse than the hot melt used to install the insert. Anyway, I now use Powerbond once I get everything tweaked but may re-think after the above post.

Comment

I use powerbond exclusively. It is much easier to remove inserts when tuning arrows. I have never lost an insert yet.

Comment

super glue will work, but you will not be removing those inserts...EVER!

Comment

yes when i mean loseing and insert i don't mean on game. i think powerbond is plenty strong to hold. i lost my insert when i shot threw my bail of hay "old" and i hit a tree. and when i stump shoot and hit rocks, trees and such. i haven't lost any with jb weld.

Comment

Cheap super glue is what I use or what ever I take from work.
                Chris Kiefner

Comment

Working...
                X