2018 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    You mean the smell of success??? Nope... I kept smelling my hands and smiling because for the first time in I don't know how many trips... there was more than melted ice in the cooler.

But a funny little story... I shot that first Javi and like any javi that runs, it finds the thick stuff to run and die in. There wasn't any blood on the ground that I could find. It was getting dark and I just decided to walk through the crap I had heard it crash through. I finally got down wind of it, smelled it and knew it was dead nearby. The sow didn't have a smell to her at all, but she ran all of 40 yards tops.

It sure was nice to get out of this slump. Really enjoyed the group... turned out to be a fantastic weekend.

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. Pleasure hosting you again. But how could you guys let a little kid with his first ever kill beat both You and Bisch????[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
      Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. Pleasure hosting you again. But how could you guys let a little kid with his first ever kill beat both You and Bisch????[emoji4]

Ah man that's harsh!
      Congratulations on the hog little man !

Comment

Congrats on the javi, Bisch and congrats to the young man on his pig.

Comment

Hmmm, I dunno... maybe it was because the super friendly guide/host put the extremely well mannered little kid in the spot labeled "secret spot" aka... the honey hole???

Definitely had a great time... just remember to plant the thornless variety brush next time .

Comment

2018 Trad Harvest Thread

That is not his first kill! He got a jackrabbit last year.

And I’m super pumped that he got that pig!!!!!! It so great to see those kids have success, and to see the effort you put out to make that happen!!!!

I’m planning on starting a new thread to give this hunt the proper write up it deserves, but it may be a day or two till I get caught up on things here!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 03-05-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              That is not his first kill! He got a jackrabbit last year.

And I’m super pumped that he got that pig!!!!!! It so great to see those kids have success, and to see the effort you put out to make that happen!!!!

I’m planning on starting a new thread to give this hunt the proper write up it deserves, but it may be a day or two till I get caught up on things here!

Bisch

Cool! I was going to do a write-up... but super swamped at work. Will add mine to your thread when you post it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!! Little guy made a perfect shot on that pig!!

Comment

Congrats little man

Comment

What a great job from the kid. Wow, I'm jealous. Congratulations.

Comment

Great job kiddo! That’s gonna be one heck of a hunter!

Comment

I haven’t been huntin anything but foam lately! Dang it! But I've killed a bunch of it. So heres a freaky one. Sorry, drank too much and jealous of the guys who have had time to get out there. I did twelve it but pulled the arrow to keep it classy.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	DF6276DC-B9FC-4EEE-B26D-2CE04D9D08E4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	24531605

Comment

Here is a shot of the javies that Arky and I doubled up on. The one I shot came back looking for his buddy. Didn't work out very well for him.

Name:	IMG_6461.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	24531623

Comment

This guy turned his head at the wrong moment and caught a woodsman in the eye. I wish I had taken the arrow out for the picture.

Name:	javi pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	24531627
                            Last edited by BDann; 03-05-2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Good shooting fellas. And especially to the young fellas.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats guys on a great group hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X