No announcement yet.

Shnf 16-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well are you guys about ready to rock and roll? My lease manager is allowing us to begin rifle hunting opening weekend of bow season (yes, MLDP) so I'll be chasing bucks before they make their annual disappearance before the general season opens so probably won't be doing much bowhunting this year.

Comment

They where a bit more pointed in the front. But I'm no veteran tracker either. I wanted to put my camera up to see what it was . But I'm sure on a trail it would be gone next week

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Well are you guys about ready to rock and roll? My lease manager is allowing us to begin rifle hunting opening weekend of bow season (yes, MLDP) so I'll be chasing bucks before they make their annual disappearance before the general season opens so probably won't be doing much bowhunting this year.
        Traitor!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          Traitor!
          Your just jealous. I am too, but John's gonna work his magic to getting me on the lease with the tractor for making food plots.

It has just occurred to me that my fat arse has gained a lot since last year and there's not a snowballs chance in he77 that any of my hunting clothes, at least pants, will fit up passed my knees. I am totally unprepared this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
            Your just jealous. I am too, but John's gonna work his magic to getting me on the lease with the tractor for making food plots.

It has just occurred to me that my fat arse has gained a lot since last year and there's not a snowballs chance in he77 that any of my hunting clothes, at least pants, will fit up passed my knees. I am totally unprepared this year.
            Just hunt like you normally do stealth in your Camo Speedo !!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Traitor!
              Hahaha Come over to the dark side!

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
              If it doesn't cool off we might all be hunting in our skivvies.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                Well mama gets mad when i get covered in mud wearing good camo because i want to hunt like Rambo. Everybody knows the best way to sneak attack a hog is to be laying deep in his wallow when he goes for a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                  there's not a snowballs chance in he77 that any of my hunting clothes, at least pants, will fit up passed my knees.
                  Ahhh, going for the oompa loompa look!
                  Nice, that should work great for stalking. The high pants legs will keep them out of the grass and from getting wet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am going to try to get out there this year and get something!
                    I didn't even hunt last year
                    I've never been able to find any good deer in that forest anyhow they are all circling around Damien's stand eating the apples that fall out of his pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter31 View Post
                      I've never been able to find any good deer in that forest anyhow they are all circling around Damien's stand eating the apples that fall out of his pockets.
                      Now that's funny. Seeing as how you've killed a bigger deer in the Sam than I have.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter31 View Post
                        LOL So that's how he does it

Comment

Not too optimistic but going to give it a good try. Helped Scot get set up and know where I will start anyways. Saw one I really like, but will have to take him in his bed, so means getting out there about 4 in the am.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                            Now that's funny. Seeing as how you've killed a bigger deer in the Sam than I have.

I wish I still had that much time to dedicate to hunting a single buck!
                            I am going to try to get out there a few times this season.
                            We will all have to meet up for a meal one day.
                            I already know a few of y'all but looking forward to meeting the rest of y'all.

Comment

Scot found a good place and we got a stand up for him.

Anyone have a good recipe for corned venison. Made it years ago with my grandfather, but age caught me and I can't remember the entire recipe.

Comment

My brother makes some world class corned venison. I'll get that recipe from him.

Comment

Working...
                                X