Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MANDATORY EVACUATION:

Aransas Pass*- Mandatory evacuation order issued
    Brazoria County*- Mandatory evacuation order issued for coastal communities along the Gulf side of the Intercoastal Waterway
    Calhoun County*- Mandatory evacuation order issued

VOLUNTARY EVACUATION:*
    Bolivar Peninsula*- Galveston County Judge Mark Henry has issued a voluntary evacuation for residents on Bolivar Peninsula effective Friday, Aug. 25 at 8 a.m. This order includes the unincorporated areas of Port Bolivar, Crystal Beach, High Island and Gilchrist. Residents who rely on medical assistance or those who cannot go without power for an extended period of time are encouraged to leave.
    Brazoria County*- Voluntary evacuation order issued for low-lying coastal areas inland of Intercoastal Waterway.
    Galveston's West End*- Voluntary Evacuation called for those with medical or access and functional needs on the West End of Galveston. Anyone who needs assistance leaving the island, please call 409-797-3701 or sign up online on the website*www.galvestontx.gov/needaride.

Emergency officials have laid out evacuation routes for coastal communities, with storm surge dangers in mind.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
      Agreed. This isnt a Rita or Ike. If it gets to a 3 or 4 like they are anticipating it will be deadly.
      Ike was enough!

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
        RACK RANCH -
        Please take all the animals you can with you....
        Every time is floods in Houston, those jackwagons abandon their horse stables in the North side of town. Seems like every time , we hear of someone dying trying to rescue them or several of the horses drown.

Comment

Dumb question, my wife wants to stay I want to get the hell out of here (Victoria) found rooms in Waco. Is waco better than Victoria or will it be just as bad??

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
            Dumb question, my wife wants to stay I want to get the hell out of here (Victoria) found rooms in Waco. Is waco better than Victoria or will it be just as bad??
            if this thing comes ashore as a cat3/4, its dragging winds way northward with it.

Comment

If you can get to Waco, GO!!!

Victoria is right in the crosshairs at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Ike was enough!
                You aint lyin. We are all the way up here on Lake Conroe and I had $50K worth of damages to my house and no power for a week.

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                  Be safe bud! I'll be on standby for our plants in Fortran and Yoakum. Somebody screwed up and got a couple million dollar smart pig stuck in one of our main pipelines last night so we're dealing with that right now. Momma and boys headed to Austin in the morning so that eases my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How in the heck did they stick the pig ?
                  Looks like the whole complex will be shut down by tomorrow. My unit is already down . And just got word that we will be released this evening .
                  Calhoun , Jackson co is mandatory evacuation

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    worth repeating.

this is not a ride-it-out storm... a tree that lands on your house can and will kill you graveyard dead.

get in your car, take the stuff you can't replace, and leave now.
                    ^
                    Some of the best advise here.

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
                      Well our offshore boat is mored at Port A marina in the harbor on 12 ft floating docks. We've done all we can do . She cannot be trailered because of the flying bridge. Insurance man just said they all received a moritorium yesterday for the entire Texas coast line. It ain't good for any of us .
                      Josh I told you take her to sea and ride it out "Forest Gump" style..

JK guys...prayers for everyone along the coast

Comment

I live just outside Waco. We are going to get rain and possibly a few severe storms but that's about it as I see it. If you guys need anything let me know. Any other folks that need anything as well.

Comment

This just in from the Jackson County Emergency Management folks (My wife's parents live in Ganado).

Jackson County Judge Simons has issued a MANDATORY Evacuation Order for Jackson County.
                          MANDATORY MEANS ALL CITIZENS IN JACKSON COUNTY ARE UNDER A MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER.
                          ALL CITIZENS NEED TO TAKE THIS ORDER VERY SERIOUSLY AND REMOVE YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY FROM THE PATH OF THIS VERY DANGEROUS HURRICANE
                          AGAIN, JACKSON COUNTY IS NOW UNDER A MANDATORY EVACUATION AND NO SHELTERS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JACKSON COUNTY.
                          ALL EMERGENCY SERVICES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE WHEN WINDS REACH 45MPH OR ABOVE. SO PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY, YOU WILL HAVE TO BE SELF SUSTAINED.
                          Last edited by 1369; 08-24-2017, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                            Hey Johnny or CCBluewater, is it a fair statement to say that the Euro model is more trusted than the GFS?
                            I personally like the Euro more than the GFS during tropical weather threats. I would not rule out it's current model run or something similar.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody that ends up in the Waco area, I have land to park boats, trailers or whatever on. More than welcome to use it. About half way between Waco and Temple. Even have a couple of rv plugs available if you need them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by DarrellS; 08-24-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Go! My wife n kids are headed north of Austin first thing in morning. As of now, I gotta stay here in Victoria. No one knows for sure but this is looking like it's gonna get bad here in Vic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X