No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Near real-time publication of GOES-East and GOES-West images from NOAA/NESDIS/STAR

You can see the low in the upper levels spinning here, just south of Louisiana. Its moving SW fairly rapidly, if the storm was wound up already and fairly strong I think the ULL would have minimal affect on it. But in these early stages I could entertain a storm going farther north than expected right now. There is axweakness in the ridge over Tx so we are definitely in the line of fire, how far north or south along the coast is still a best guess...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Another great discussion site is the KHOU weather forum. There are some great professional Meteorologist that post on there. I am pretty sure I've seen a couple of the posters from here on there as well..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

wow!!!

We need it but 10-20 inches is alot

Comment

Ugh, I want it DRY... we have a slough we can now cross that's finally dried up, don't need it to fill back up

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Right on time, every stinking year.

[ATTACH]869573[/ATTACH]
            Ha! You're not kidding. Good luck to all of you out there.

Comment

Watching from Central Texas, and hoping nothing bad comes down on you Coastal folks.

Comment

tagged. Been watching this one for a few days.

It sure looks like the euro is the preferred scenario right now.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    Lol, kinda what I was figuring
                    I will post up possible rainfall total scenarios later today unless someone posts them up soon.

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                    http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/h5-loop-wv.html

You can see the low in the upper levels spinning here, just south of Louisiana. Its moving SW fairly rapidly, if the storm was wound up already and fairly strong I think the ULL would have minimal affect on it. But in these early stages I could entertain a storm going farther north than expected right now. There is axweakness in the ridge over Tx so we are definitely in the line of fire, how far north or south along the coast is still a best guess...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                    Yes sir and the Euro run seems logical maybe with a run towards Corpus then hugging the coastline and then coming inland in Louisiana. Also just can't rule out the stronger model runs like the GFS with rapid intensification all the way up till landfall. As of now, I don't see anything in the Gulf that would keep this storm in check. Good ventilation, low wind shear, bath water in the GOM etc.

Comment

It could be late Wednesday or early Thursday before it gets going. That does not leave much time with a late Friday to early Saturday landfall. Need to start preparing now if your on the coast. Really hope this is nothing more than a tropical storm.
                      Another good source for info-http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=59

Comment

ABC 13 news in Houston is talking about it as something to keep an eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter1089 View Post
                          Recommendations of legit sites to use to follow this thing?

Comment

HAHA

Comment

Timeline:

A few days ago (like 3) every model had this one in southern Mexico.

Two days ago it fizzled out to a tropical wave with no models showing a Texas impact.

Late yesterday, one model and Johnny had it possibly hitting Texas hard -- fully half of the models still showed south of Brownsville.

By 6 am, there were no models showing a Mexico hit.

At this rate, either Johnny will be right (or it will hit Pensacola by Saturday).

Comment

will be watching this closely. Man we need rain

Comment

Working...
                                X