Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Tagged to follow before my fishing tourney in South Padre. Thanks for the updated info, fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Michael, I hope your tourney isn't this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      can you post a link to this page
      Pulled it from the Twitter feed of CBS in Austin. Quick Google says you can only get that model from pay sites.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        Pulled it from the Twitter feed of CBS in Austin. Quick Google says you can only get that model from pay sites.
        OK . Thats kinda what I figured. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          How many diff weather apps/sites you use? Use one and make up your mind

And neither one of them shows anything similar to what others are posting . Let's just wait and see what happens [emoji106]
          I think it's hype like the eclipse

Comment

Euro model should start running soon, and I'm interested to say the least!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              Michael, I hope your tourney isn't this weekend!
              There are several of us supposed to be in bay tourney's this weekend....

Comment

Are all the models showing such slow progress after landfall? That gfs run is nuts

Comment

2:00 NHC outlook...

Tropical Weather Outlook
                  NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
                  200 PM EDT Tue Aug 22 2017

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. Satellite images indicate that an area of low pressure over
                  the Yucatan Peninsula, associated with the remnants of Harvey, has
                  become better defined during the day. Environmental conditions are
                  conducive for development when the system moves over the Bay of
                  Campeche tonight, and a tropical depression is expected to form over
                  the southwestern Gulf of Mexico on Wednesday or Thursday, and move
                  in the general direction of the Texas coast on Friday. Interests in
                  northeastern Mexico and along the Texas coast should monitor the
                  progress of this system, as it could produce storm surge and
                  tropical storm or hurricane force winds along portions of the Texas
                  coast, and very heavy rainfall across portions of central and
                  eastern Texas from Friday through the weekend. Please refer to
                  products from your local National Weather Service office for more
                  information on this system.
                  * Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
                  * Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    Are all the models showing such slow progress after landfall? That gfs run is nuts

That run puts it over us for almost 3 days before it moves out. That could be real bad!!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like Hurricane hunters are in it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        Looks like Hurricane hunters are in it right now.
                        From Wunderground:

Forecast for ex-Harvey
                        SSTs will increase to 30°C (86°F) as ex-Harvey moves to the northwest towards Texas this week. The wind shear will stay light, and the atmosphere will remain moist. These conditions should allow ex-Harvey to regenerate into at least a tropical storm before it makes landfall on Friday, and it may be able to reach hurricane strength. The 0Z Tuesday operational runs of our three reliable global models for predicting tropical cyclone genesis—the GFS, European and UKMET models—all developed the system would develop into a tropical storm or hurricane, and all of these models showed a landfall between the Mexico/Texas border and the central coast of Texas on Friday. The NOAA jet is flying a dropsonde mission over the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday evening to help the models make good forecasts for their 0Z Wednesday runs.

Comment

Originally posted by CityLimitSlayr View Post
                          Funny, we'll be down there thursday-monday as well!

SMH, just my luck!
                          May have to do a live life raft thread or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            There are several of us supposed to be in bay tourney's this weekend....
                            Y'all be careful and watch your radar.

Comment

Had no idea about this storm until just now...

Comment

Not good....

Comment

Working...
                                X