Palo Duro State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palo Duro State Park

I am thinking of making a trip there in early March. We have never been.

We are pulling a camper. The choices of camping sites are Hackberry, Mesquite, Sagebrush and Juniper. Does anyone who has been have a recommendation on a campground?

Anything else in the area? Restaurants etc.?

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoy..... we will be up there March 12-16

Comment

I don't know the names, but when we went there was one on the floor and it was by the cafe or lunch spot. It was also right next to the wildlife viewing. So if you can find a map you will be able to see it.

**** The one I saw was the pioneer. I just looked up the map. I don't know anything about it as I didn't stay there, but we did see campers and everyone looked to be having a great time. Honestly if it were me, I may try to go further back to get away from all the traffic in and out.
        Last edited by TheHammer; 02-17-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Make sure to run in Amarillo one day and eat at 575 Pizzeria! By far the best pizza I’ve ever had, and well with the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            Make sure to run in Amarillo one day and eat at 575 Pizzeria! By far the best pizza I’ve ever had, and well with the trip.
            I don’t know what time of year they start their big play but it’s worth seeing and planning around

Comment

The museum at West Texas A&M in Canyon is great.

Comment

I recommend taking the horse ride down into the canyon. We really enjoyed that when we went last year

Comment

hey Bud, I just stayed in the Hackberry Camp Ground and it was great!! The other camp grounds are very open and I felt that Hackberry was the most private. Space 31 and 32 are the most private and are a short walk to the bathroom! enjoy your stay and look for the aoudad on the cliffs in the evening at the and of the park, by the equestrian area at sunset!!

Comment

If it's spring break there won't be any rv sites available unless you've already reserved.
                    Me and the boy have been twice. Once backpacking in the back country and once tent camping and mountain biking. Beautiful country. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

They have an outdoor play called “Texas” I think it’s worth seeing once with fireworks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X