Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going duck hunting at Lake Fork this weekend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going duck hunting at Lake Fork this weekend....

And I've never been there. We have a mudboat blind. Any suggestions of where to go? I'm most interested in getting some canvasbacks.

P.M sent

Comment

Don't tell anyone I gave you this info, but try here....
      Attached Files

Comment

Several weeks ago we were shooting limits of canvasbacks every day within 15 minutes. But I haven't seen a single one since. Fork is big, so they could be somewhere but none o my sources are seeing them either.

Only tip I'll disclose to you: ditch the blind. You won't have much luck fooling those birds from any type of boat blind. They have seen it all. I you strictly want a can hunt clay banks and points forget the coves.

We have had a better season than last few... which is surprising because we have way fewer birds. I have entire lakes that I hunt that would allow for 3-4 hunts a week.... zero for the year. Nada

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          There's always one.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            There's always one.
            Had to . Trust me, if I knew where to go I would tell you. Duck hunters are crazy about spots...whole reason I quit hunting public water. When we did hunt Fork we usually hunted north of Coffee Creek Landing off 2966. Never really saw many CBs back in there but quite a few gaddys, woodies, and some mallards.

Comment

Had to . Trust me, if I knew where to go I would tell you. Duck hunters are crazy about spots...whole reason I quit hunting public water. When we did hunt Fork we usually hunted north of Coffee Creek Landing off 2966. Never really saw many CBs back in there but quite a few gaddys, woodies, and some mallards.
              I know. I was just looking for a general area. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                There's always one.
                surely you didnt expect GPS coordinates?

Comment

Go to the back of birch creek. Years ago when I fished a lot that where I saw people hunting ducks. Good luck be safe. Wear your life jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    surely you didnt expect GPS coordinates?
                    No, I didn't, but someone was kind enough to give me some.

Comment

As low fence stated, ditch the blind, this late in the season they'll flare 80 yards away.

Find a hard bottom and just hope you're lucky, from what my friends have told me, Can numbers are lower than what they shot last year. Still tons of mallards but I think they've only shot 8 cans this year and they hunt about 4 times a week.

Little caney, birch, and glade are my go to areas. Should give you a good idea of where to go

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                        As low fence stated, ditch the blind, this late in the season they'll flare 80 yards away.

Find a hard bottom and just hope you're lucky, from what my friends have told me, Can numbers are lower than what they shot last year. Still tons of mallards but I think they've only shot 8 cans this year and they hunt about 4 times a week.

Little caney, birch, and glade are my go to areas. Should give you a good idea of where to go
                        Thank you.

Comment

Used to do well in Glade Creek on points with clay banks, too. Have not hunted there this year though.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Listen to Low Fence and others like him. Cans and other divers are mostly main lake ducks. Puddlers will be in the creeks. Exceptions to both rules. We don't have the ducks here on Fork this year for several reasons but especially because we don't have vegetation. With that being said, you can't kill them on the couch. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X