Our first duck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    My pup Ellie made her first hunt last week. I agree that it is awesome watching them work, especially the first time. She picked up 27 birds and swam down two cripples. Good bloodlines sure make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is awesome! Where I hunted, it was tough. I even had another hunter get up to readjust his decoys while a group was making it's way towards me only for them to spook and take off. Public land hunting so you can't expect much and control what others will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      If you duck hunt, a good retriever is invaluable ! I used to be a quackaholic and I had one great retriever in my life. He was well trained to work to a whistle and hand signals. Out of dozens of ducks he retrieved, he only ever lost one, a wood duck that fluttered down a hundred yards away. He looked until I called him off, I’m pretty sure it got down under some willows and hung up underwater. Little Lucky Guy was his name and he was a great dog......

I understand completely your pride in your pup. Many happy returns !
      thank you Drycreek.

Comment

I like it, good post for sure.

Comment

You gotta get him some hearing and foot protection.

Gunshots and airboats will damage a dogs hearing.
          Sharps sticks and oyster shell will cut up their paws too.

Lewis Vented Dog Boots. Protect your dog's feet from sand burrs, rocks, and brush, or protect an injured foot or sore pad. $52.99.Lewis Dog Boots protect your dog's feet from sand burrs, rocks, and brush, and can also protect an injured foot or sore pad. These are the most durable boots we have seen to date. They are light, pliable, and very tough. Lewis Boots are made of tire tread rubber with a tread on the sole to increase the life of the boot and for non-slip traction. Secure Lewis Dog Boots to your dog's feet with waterproof adhesive tape. Set of 4. Instructions included. We recommend a vented dog boot excep -- Dog Boots Bottom Detail / Sizes, Dog Boots Packaging , XL Lewis Boots on Zero, XL Lewis Boots on Merle, Since 1972. Call Steve Snell (800-624-6378) 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Comment

Brutal.

Comment

Dog looks sharp whether he retrieves or not.

Congrats on the duck, may yall have a bunch more.

Comment

Congratulations! He looks cool as hell in that pic!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X