Possible lease openings 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible lease openings 2013

What kind of interest would there be for a lease in the Strawn area.
    1400 acres, 10 lease members $2100.
    Currently there is no water or electric. A small cabin, but I don't know the condition.
    The rancher considers the terrain as pretty rough.
    It has about 50 head of cattle on it.
    That's all I know for now.
    Supposedly not currently leased.
    Palo Pinto county, 13" antler restrictions
    I might look at it in a week or two.

Year round? Kids allowed? What is the turkey, duck, and dove situation? Those are the questions I would need answered if and when you look at it.

Comment

I lease in that area. Density varies a lot in PP Co. from what Ive seen. Price is a little steep for that area / acreage. But it all comes down to the deer. 10 is also a little tight for 1400 acres IMO. We have 7 on 1400 and we're a little cramped.

Comment

Originally posted by SixForty View Post
        Year round? Kids allowed? What is the turkey, duck, and dove situation? Those are the questions I would need answered if and when you look at it.
        Ditto, but i'd be interested.

Comment

I would be up for something like that however not many are going to pat $$ for AR. Are there any turkey or hogs there? look at it and Pm me if it's good. I would shoot for 1500-1700 and half as many hunters. AR means not a lot of deer. Also if your looking to stay on it for a while with that many hunters it will get shot out fast.

Comment

Make it bow only then you have plenty of room.

Comment

What Kraig said. 10 dollars an acre is about right. Maybe a little more if the accommodations are great but with no water or electric?

Comment

Bow only or not 10 mature deer to hunt on 1400 acres is tough IMO.

Comment

$15/acre for a place in Palo Pinto cnty with no water or electricity is really high -

P.S. - just looking out for you, if you want to pay that much it is fine, but you can find places with water and electricity and a LOT better deer for $15/acre within 60 miles of Palo Pinto cnty if you are looking to stay somewhat close to the metroplex. Good luck with it no matter what you choose

Comment

Originally posted by pyhunter View Post
                    I would be up for something like that however not many are going to pat $$ for AR. Are there any turkey or hogs there? look at it and Pm me if it's good. I would shoot for 1500-1700 and half as many hunters. AR means not a lot of deer. Also if your looking to stay on it for a while with that many hunters it will get shot out fast.
                    Interested in it this way.

Comment

The price seems a bit steep to me, but it's 95 miles and an hour and a half closer than my current lease.
                      If I look at it, I'll post up on here. If I decide not to, I'll post up the rancher's contact info on here in case anyone else want's to look.

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                        What kind of interest would there be for a lease in the Strawn area.
                        1400 acres, 10 lease members $2100.
                        Currently there is no water or electric. A small cabin, but I don't know the condition.
                        The rancher considers the terrain as pretty rough.
                        It has about 50 head of cattle on it.
                        That's all I know for now.
                        Supposedly not currently leased.
                        Palo Pinto county, 13" antler restrictions
                        I might look at it in a week or two.
                        Do you mean no running water, or watering holes?

Comment

Originally posted by Extremebowman View Post
                          I lease in that area. Density varies a lot in PP Co. from what Ive seen. Price is a little steep for that area / acreage. But it all comes down to the deer. 10 is also a little tight for 1400 acres IMO. We have 7 on 1400 and we're a little cramped.
                          I would be interested, but this is my concern as well. Currently on a lease with 8 members on 3,000 acres (they all rifle hunt except my brother and I) and it feels cramped. It would depend largely on the terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                            $15/acre for a place in Palo Pinto cnty with no water or electricity is really high -

P.S. - just looking out for you, if you want to pay that much it is fine, but you can find places with water and electricity and a LOT better deer for $15/acre within 60 miles of Palo Pinto cnty if you are looking to stay somewhat close to the metroplex. Good luck with it no matter what you choose
                            This is pretty much what I was gonna say!

Don't look at it in a per hunter amount but per acre.

I would say 7 guns at $1500 would be a fair price. That equates to $7.50 an acre I think! 200 acres per hunter is doable as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                              I would be interested, but this is my concern as well. Currently on a lease with 8 members on 3,000 acres (they all rifle hunt except my brother and I) and it feels cramped. It would depend largely on the terrain.
                              Just wondering, I know the math isn't going to equal out to a perfect number of acres per hunter, but that's over 350 acres a piece to hunt, how is that crowded? I know it depends on the lay of the land but both leases I'm on, you can easily hunt 3 rifle hunters and they are no bigger than 150 acres. I'm not trying to come across as rude, just wondering if we have different ideas of the word "crowded".

Comment

Working...
                              X