X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston closer to the coast for saltwater fishing and waterfowl hunting

Dallas has way too many yuppies.

Comment

I wouldn't live in either one. That's why I reside in the Westroplex.

I still have to drive down to the coast several times a year to fish, but having so many great fishing lakes within just a few miles of me helps a lot.

Comment

The big D all the way for me!!!

Comment

I love living in Dallas.

I think I would be OK anywhere but I do like to exercise outside so the humidity is the primary factor in a choice of Dallas over Houston.

I am always amused by people who say they hate a certain city for whatever reason. Every city has its good and bad side. You just have to figure it out.

Comment

I have lived in both. No question, Dallas. Houston is a humid mess.

Comment

Originally posted by barber12 View Post
              and oak cliff lol dallas aint no paradise
              Kessler Park is in Oak Cliff and it's one of the nicest areas to live in around Dallas. Has a great golf course to boot

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                Houston.. Not as stuck up...........
                X1000 On the not as stuck up part...

The one time I was working in Dallas I had just got off a 12 hour night shift, tired as all get out but had to do some shopping at walmart. Well I get my shopping done and load up the bags in my truck. As I'm getting situated and about to leave some older gentleman pulls up on the passenger side and motions to roll down my window. I was skeptical at first but he seemed alright so I obliged and rolled down the window only for him to yell "HEY @#$ HOLE WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THE CART UP TO THE STORE!" Man ohh man did this irk the crud out of me! I just let him know he's #1 and drove off. I park way out in the back away from other cars because of a paranoia of getting robbed getting into my truck, so I'm not about to walk a cart back up to the store. People are paid to collect carts!! Can't stand uppity hipsters.

I'm also of the opinion that a blind monkey could design the Dallas highways better. Traffic is insane!

That being said I wouldn't move to Houston either if I had a choice because it's going to the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by CavVet07 View Post

The one time I was working in Dallas I had just got off a 12 hour night shift, tired as all get out but had to do some shopping at walmart. Well I get my shopping done and load up the bags in my truck. As I'm getting situated and about to leave some older gentleman pulls up on the passenger side and motions to roll down my window. I was skeptical at first but he seemed alright so I obliged and rolled down the window only for him to yell "HEY @#$ HOLE WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THE CART UP TO THE STORE!" Man ohh man did this irk the crud out of me! I just let him know he's #1 and drove off. I park way out in the back away from other cars because of a paranoia of getting robbed getting into my truck, so I'm not about to walk a cart back up to the store. People are paid to collect carts!! Can't stand uppity hipsters.

I'm also of the opinion that a blind monkey could design the Dallas highways better. Traffic is insane!

That being said I wouldn't move to Houston either if I had a choice because it's going to the dogs.
                  It doesn't bother you when people leave their carts in the middle of the parking lot? I'm sorry, but people should at least put the carts back in the collection areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                    It doesn't bother you when people leave their carts in the middle of the parking lot? I'm sorry, but people should at least put the carts back in the collection areas.
                    It would bother me if they parked right next to a collection bin and left it next to a car yes, but way out back? No. he wanted me to return it to the store so the cart boy didn't have to walk so far to get it. Either way I'm not gonna drive up to someone and call them obscenities over it.

Comment

Originally posted by CavVet07 View Post

put your cart up. no one wants a cart rolling across the parking lot from "way out back" or anywhere else and slamming into their vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                        I like Dallas the city but there are too many $30,000 millionaires up there. My wife went to law school at SMU and every time we would go out I felt like I was out of place because I didn't have designer sunglasses on or drive a black BMW/Land Rover. I would choose Fort Worth over both of them to be honest.
                        Winner Winner!Chicken dinner! Cowtown ! baby!

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                          Houston.. Not as stuck up...........
                          My reason for picking Houston as well! Houstonians I have met are less pretentious.

Comment

dallas...even though the Cowboys are awful

ac

Comment

I grew up in W Houston.I once lived in San Antone,Fort Worth, and Austin.Las Colinas is where IT'S at boys!Nice and clean and very little traffic.I can be at the coast in 5 hrs,Austin 3 hrs.

Comment

Dallas traffic isn't great, but Houston is much worse in my experience. Again, I've lived in both places

Comment

Working...
                                X