Clear All

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    True! Wish the olive color was on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is a reason the yellow one is on sale lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      Better question is where do you not get Mice or rodent devilish chipmunks
      Ground squirrels, yes, but never had issues with them chewing or getting into food.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
        There is a reason the yellow one is on sale lol

Because it’s y e l l o w.....

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
          Big Agnes tents are well respected. They are available at REI and are cuspy "cottage industry" grade. Several people on the hiking trails use the Copper Spur (I believe that's what it is called?). Spend a minute on the Henry Shire web-site. I think they are a bit more expensive then Big Agnes tents, but man I love mine.
          Curious what "cottage industry grade" means?? I've been looking into big Agnes tents. Still trying to decide what brand to get

Comment

I guess I feel like I’d be more comfortable with full enclosure.
            Double nest hammocks are wide enough to envelop you. And the tarp over your ridgeline makes it like a really comfortable tent.

Comment

Mountainsmith LT tarp. Under $100, around two pounds, comes in pinion green. Sturdy good tent that is easy to set up. Can fit two people if needed. I will be in mine Friday through Wednesday in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                Mountainsmith LT tarp. Under $100, around two pounds, comes in pinion green. Sturdy good tent that is easy to set up. Can fit two people if needed. I will be in mine Friday through Wednesday in Colorado.

What do you put on the ground?

Comment

Because it’s y e l l o w.....

I know. Cause they are ugly as heck and nobody buys them. Lol.

Comment

I know. Cause they are ugly as heck and nobody buys them. Lol.

But if it performs flawlessly, does the color matter?

Comment

Curious what "cottage industry grade" means?? I've been looking into big Agnes tents. Still trying to decide what brand to get
                      They are middle of the road imo. Good entry level tents, if your more than a twice a yr camper, but not addicted to it.
                      Might check out Hilleberg, solid products.

Comment

What do you put on the ground?

Tryvek

Comment

Yep a tyvek footprint. Weighs nothing. Mine actually fits in the bag the tent comes in

Comment

I like sleeping on the ground under a tarp or tent fly. The main thing O missed was a good pillow

Comment

I have been checking out the Seek Outside Lil Bug Out shelter with a vestibule. I have a buddy that has one and he really likes it

Built for the Backcountry Backpacking Products - Handcrafted in Colorado Made in U.S.A

Comment

Funny thing about mice .... hikers hung their food to avoid bears and quickly it would be to avoid mice! At least this was the case on the Appalachian Trail not sure how bad it would be in higher elevation ? One nice thing about a bear canister (which or 2 pounds and a pain to carry ) is that all your food is safe not only from bears but also rodents ... which include mice, squirrels, chipmunks and even marmots!!

Comment

Working...
                                X