Maven RS.1 rifle scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maven RS.1 rifle scope

I predict that this scope will be the best $1000 hunting scope on the market. Maven’s Bino’s are on par with the best out there, and much friendlier on the wallet. I’m anxious to read the reviews.

I am in to see what reviews are going to look like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where is it made.

What glass do they use?

What reticles?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Maven RS.1 rifle scope

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
        I predict that this scope will be the best $1000 hunting scope on the market. Maven’s Bino’s are on par with the best out there, and much friendlier on the wallet. I’m anxious to read the reviews.

https://youtu.be/8rXsVH60bes

I keep hearing about how great Maven is. I’ve never even seen a pair of their binos much less used them in the field so I have no experience BUT in my experience when you get into optics, you definitely get what you pay for. I have to believe if they were that good that professional guides would be dropping their Swarovski, Zeiss and Leica optics in favor of them.

So color me skeptical when comparing to the “big 3”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I keep hearing about how great Maven is. I’ve never even seen a pair of their binos much less used them in the field so I have no experience BUT in my experience when you get into optics, you definitely get what you pay for. I have to believe if they were that good that professional guides would be dropping their Swarovski, Zeiss and Leica optics in favor of them.

I highly doubt they are on par with those 3. Possibly with the Vortex Razor and similar but not the top offerings from the big 3

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Well, they are relatively new to the market. They're made in Wyoming, and I believe the glass is Japanese...but their business model is that they only sell online direct to the public so they don’t have distribution networks. Cuts cost by 1/3 according to them. In looking at their spotting scopes, I’m inclined to say they bought the epoch and icon series from Brunton, which were very good. I can’t confirm this, only that they look similar. I have Swaro, S&B and Zeiss Henzholdt scopes on my rifles that cost three times this, so I am also guilty of justifying the price difference for the best money can buy. I am not naive enough to argue Maven is as good, but as a self described glass snob I’ll bet it’s going to be a GREAT buy at $1,000 and the average person won’t see a difference.

Comment

I own a set of Maven 9x45 binos, bought them last year. Very heavy in weight is one drawback. Dont gather light as good as Swaro, but maybe better than Razor. I would say they fill the gap between Razors and Swaros. I compared mine in a blind with a set of Razors.

If I had to guess, the Maven line is the old Brunton line of binos. For the price they are a good deal but they aint Swaro or Zeiss Victory's , and I can live with that. They are better than Meopta and Minox though. Leica lost my business a few years ago, over a warranty.

Mine say made in Japan not Wyoming, maybe there is models built in Wyoming idk. I dont own a Maven riflescope so I caint say one way or the other on that. 1000.00 for a scope is a lot when you can get a decent Euro model or Leupold VX5 HD for the same money or less.
              Last edited by Radar; 01-16-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]892602[/ATTACH]
                Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]892603[/ATTACH]
                  Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Looks like 1000$ for the “pre order” price

Why not a Z3 for that price and cheaper?

I’ve only had my hands on the Binos at the SA theology hunters expo so not much experience for me

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Looks like 1000$ for the “pre order” price

Why not a Z3 for that price and cheaper?

I’ve only had my hands on the Binos at the SA theology hunters expo so not much experience for me
                      I seen that too, SHR reticle looks like a Nikon Holdover to me. I reckon time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        I seen that too, SHR reticle looks like a Nikon Holdover to me. I reckon time will tell.
                        I will admit the moa hold over looks nice

Comment

Standing by for real world application and review.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Obviously no experience with the rifle scopes, but I have had the 11x45 binoculars for 2 years and had them in the field next to Swaros and can’t see $2000 difference between them. I will say they are night and day better than any Leopold or Nikon binoculars.

Comment

I wish they had an illuminated reticle

Comment

Working...
                              X