Muzzleloader Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzleloader Season

Looking for some help. Can you legally shoot does in Victoria county south of 59 during muzzleloader season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes looks that way to me.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

South of hwy 59 yes, north no.

Comment

Thanks. That’s the way I read it, too. I just wanted to make sure

Comment

Discussed this with FIL the other day. Did muzzleloader season used to be antlerless and spike only? It's now simply an extension of the regular season much like archery, correct?

Comment

I will be hunting muzzleloader in Leon county this weekend. It appears that Does can also be taken in this county as well?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                Discussed this with FIL the other day. Did muzzleloader season used to be antlerless and spike only? It's now simply an extension of the regular season much like archery, correct?

That's the way I see it. Looks like this year TPWD changed things up. You still need to look at your county that you are hunting in to make sure.

I hunt in Goliad which borders Victoria county and when the antler restrictions came TPWD decided to break the counties up by using HWY 59 as a boundry for does. I personally don't agree with a highway dictating the population of whitetail deer. Forces you to MLD which isn't a bad thing but the division line is stupid.

They ought to run ML season along with archery :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                  South of hwy 59 yes, north no.
                  Are there more does on side of the asphalt than the other?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    Are there more does on side of the asphalt than the other?
                    In some cases yes, they do the same thing in Bell, Williamson, Travis, Hays and Comal county with the interstate as the dividing line and IMO they should also do it north of there in McLennan and Hill as well.

Comment

I get that a highway doesn't mean much in terms of deer population. But it is way more defined than some imaginary line. In some counties there are huge swings in deer population just a few miles away. There is no argument (your word against the GW) about which side of a highway or interstate you are on

Comment

Working...
                      X