The curse is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The curse is broken

I have been bow hunting for several years now... but have yet to take my first bow deer until this weekend. In the past I have had some bad luck with the smallest of details just as bumping a limb, or the feeder going off, to even me sniffling my nose a little too loud causing deer to move out of range. I will not lie... I have had several misses over the past few years. Shooting high, shooting low... or just flat out shaking too much and shooting bad. I have never wounded any deer... all clean misses.

Saturday morning the rain kept us from the blind until about 7:30... no biggie though because within 15 minutes I had 8 doe in range. The big 1 I was trying to get a shot at gave me 3 chances. 1st time drawn the feeder went off and she spooked away... 2nd time drawn she heard something that made her back away... 3rd time mid draw she looked at me and I had to keep going.... and she left then. A different doe gave me a chance a bit later and I flat out shot over her. She didn't know what happend and ran behing me... 30 minutes later she came back to the corn and I didn't miss this time.

My 1st bow kill and the curse is broken.... Now I can focus on what I did right and improve in the future. Thanks for all the advice given on here ... I can say it definitely helped me take this deer.
    Attached Files

AWESOME!!!! way to go bgrem!! Congrats!!!.....now grill em!!!

Comment

congrats, nice doe!!

Comment

Cool congrats man!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great job. Congrats

Comment

Sounds like when I first started. I know how you feel. Congrats my friend!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome man! You will remember that first one forever! Big congrats to you!

Comment

The first is always the hardest, congratulations!

Comment

WooHoo! Congrats.....

Comment

Congrats, the first is always special....way to go.

Comment

Congrats!

I've had bad mojo for 2 seasons. I know how if feels.

Comment

Awesome brother! glad you got that first one under your belt!

Comment

Nothing better than first deer bow kill.... can't count all the rabbits, coons, armadillos shot before i got a deer

Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X