Color Management (computer/Printer) sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color Management (computer/Printer) sync

Any of you ran across any good articles that discuss syncing your monitor with your printer as far as color matching?

My pictures print an off tone with my printer (Epson 1400) compared with what I see on my monitor.

Just HP stuff. They have on-line calibration and trouble shooting services.

Whoops, can't find the web site but there is one where repair techs discuss all printer problems.
    Last edited by Bluesman; 05-13-2008, 11:08 AM.

Comment

You might try these folks:
      Recent Epson Stylus 1400 InkJet Photo Printer questions, problems & answers. Free expert DIY tips, support, troubleshooting help & repair advice for all Stylus Office Equipment & Supplies.

Comment

You probably need to do two things... find the profile for your printer and calibrate your monitor. Short of that it is a guessing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          You probably need to do two things... find the profile for your printer and calibrate your monitor. Short of that it is a guessing game.
          Epson is really good about this. Go to their website and go to the downloads section and you will find what you need. It's not going to fix monitor calibration but it will be a good free step in the right direction.

Comment

The quest begins!

The terminology is a bit, umm, new to this red neck! All I wanted to do was take a decent picture

Comment

For those of you that are wondering what and how to do this.

Quick tutorial that is sure to lead to me buying another more expensive printer LOL!

Official EpsonĀ® support and customer service is always free. Download drivers, access FAQs, manuals, warranty, videos, product registration and more.

Comment

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ge_Format.html

Comment

I've been pleased with monitor calibration using QuickGamma. Mentioned it a while back in this thread:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ad.php?t=37670

I have ordered some prints from SmugMug since then, and I specified no color balance or correction adjustments in their printing. The prints came back VERY close to what I was seeing on my monitor.

Comment

Working...
                  X