Ski Denver, CO advise wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Denver, CO advise wanted

So the wife and I grabbed some cheap plane tickets for middle of December and are wanting to plan a ski trip near Denver.

We're looking at Winter Park but I wanted to see what suggestions you guys had. Should we buy lift tickets now or later (those things are expensive!), where should we stay (lodge or rent a house, there is a chance 2 other couples will be coming with us).

Really just any and all advise you could give.

We appreciate it.

Breckenridge would get my vote! Been several years but we just got our lift tickets once we got there. Maybe VRBO for your lodging?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Breckenridge or Keystone would get my vote. We've skied Vail but it can get pricy and lodging is a premium. I would look at the housing option and see if you can find one close to where you will be skiing. Then decide if you want to stay close to the slopes and eating establishments. My vote would be for the lodging that keeps you closer to where you will be spending most of your time.

Comment

From what I have seen, lift ticket discounts are few and far between. Usually you have to buy them in the middle of summer for a discount. We ski Steamboat every spring and if you buy a couple of week before you get like a 10% discount. Some places will do lodging and lift ticket packages if you buy both. It will just take some research. We like Steamboat because it has a lot of blue runs and enough blacks for a challenge. Take into account the level of the skiers going. If you have several beginners, you don't want to go somewhere that has a limited number of green runs.

Comment

Breck or keystone. Great places!!!!

Comment

My wife and I went last year about the same time with another couple. We went to Breckinridge and had a blast! We used VRBO. Another option is to look for a steeply discounted room at a resort, with the condition that you have to sit through a two hour timeshare presentation. We got 50% off our lodging one year just to go tell a guy "no."

Comment

Back when we used to ski a lot, you could stay somewhere like Frisco and get lift tickets that were good for several of the local ski resorts (Keystone, Copper Mtn, Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek, Arapaho Basin). Ski the Summit or something like that (Summit County). Winter Park is nice too but a lot of people from Denver ride the train there so it can get crowded depending on when you go.

Comment

Any of the above mentioned. Stay in Breckenridge and ski several mountains. Here is the info on the mountains and lift tickets.

Comment

Love Breck and Keystone, but the higher elevations had me gasping for air, not on the mountain, but at night when trying to sleep. Didn't have that problem at Winterpark. The last time we went to winterpark we rented a house in Fraser. Was. Jesper than staying in winterpark and was only a couple miles down the road.

Comment

"Cheaper"

Comment

Breck and Keystone.

Right now for 609.00 you can buy an Epic Pass for Summit Country. That's a season pass. It cost me 500.00 for a 3 day pass last year.

I bought the Summit County pass and plan to ride 10 days this year.

Comment

Steamboat had some of the best powder that I have seen.

Comment

Yes but it is a long way from Denver.

Champagne Powder of Steamboat.

Comment

Copper is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Yes but it is a long way from Denver.

Champagne Powder of Steamboat.
                              I believe it was about an hour farther, but I thought it was well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X