Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
    Well did you find the deer?
    No, the slicktrick knocked the shoulder right out. It was just lying on the ground. [emoji3]

Comment

I am a fan of ST. It’s always my go to in my quiver. I will say though I have never had great blood trails with them. They usually go down quick though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        No, the slicktrick knocked the shoulder right out. It was just lying on the ground. [emoji3]

Comment

Yep, they suck and don’t make much of a hole

Sarcasm ^^
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you don't get a good blood trail with any 4-blade broadhead, double check your blades are sharp. Leaving them in a quiver all season could dull them depending on the type of quiver.

Comment

I’ve always had great blood trails with slick trick mag and if you hit a rib or shoulder you still get straight deep penetration. I’ve seen too many deer hit with large expandable that entered in the “pump room” only to change course and come out in the guts. There is such a thing as not enough blade pitch and too wide a cut...IMO

Comment

Doe my daughter shot last yr, wasn’t right in shoulder but just a little more forward than OP shot, 85g slicktrick 30# bow. That’s the end of a massive blood trail of about 40yds.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  The shot is for sure back. But slick tricks do suck.. Blade angle is too steep for me.. Ive never had good blood trails with them..
                  I’ve used the st mags for a couple seasons now and have had some great blood trails. I swapped from montecs for that reason and have been pleased so far

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    How can a 1 1/8 square hole not leave a blood trail? Kyle is gonna post a couple of pics of a deer Lindy killed with an 85 grain ST on a quartering shot. She could’ve gone a little more forward, but the shot was all lungs. I think the OP ‘s shot was more broadside than he thinks.

I’m fine with someone disagreeing with me. I am just stating what I have found with slick tricks. Any broadhead can have a good blood trail once or twice. I shot 15-20 animals with them and the majority of the blood trails sucked. So for everyone quoting me saying how awesome they are, if you have only shot one or two things get a bigger sample size then come back to me [emoji1303]

Comment

I’m fine with someone disagreeing with me. I am just stating what I have found with slick tricks. Any broadhead can have a good blood trail once or twice. I shot 15-20 animals with them and the majority of the blood trails sucked. So for everyone quoting me saying how awesome they are, if you have only shot one or two things get a bigger sample size then come back to me [emoji1303]

I call BS maybe the opposite is true I could believe that but 15 to 20 no blood trails...right

Comment

Well, my wife and I have over 150 whitetail deer and bunches of pigs that we’ve killed with a bow, with various broad heads, and our blood trails with ST heads are as good as we’ve had. I agree with you on others that have only shot one or two animals. Maybe they don’t have the blood trailing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                          I call BS maybe the opposite is true I could believe that but 15 to 20 no blood trails...right

I didn’t say no blood trail. Pretty sure I’m not much of a bull ****ter when it comes to bowhunting [emoji8]

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Maybe it was the arrow. Slick tricks are excellent broad heads.

Never claimed this was a perfect shot, nor do I believe it’s a perfect shot. I would have liked it further forward and a tad lower, but what I am saying is that it should have been fatal either way.

Comment

Not in vitals should be fatal? It obviously wasn’t in vitals

Not trying to be an @$$ but I still fail to see where the Broadhead didn’t do all it could given the shot

Comment

I didn’t say no blood trail. Pretty sure I’m not much of a bull ****ter when it comes to bowhunting [emoji8]

When it comes to cutting thru the good stuff, and having two holes, how can one leave a bad bloodtrail??

Comment

Working...
                                X