Any Auto Guys with experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Auto Guys with experience?

I have a 2005 Nissan Armada that is use as a fishing vehicle. It has 260k miles and is still going strong. The only thing is that it has some interior issues that i would like to resolve.

Instead of a traditional headliner (felt material) it has this hard (i think plastic with fabric) type of headliner. The hard plastic also holds a drop down tv and entertainment center. This thing is not slightly loose as i can hear something rattling inside of it. If i pull down the entire hardened plastic i know that it is nothing more than the metal of the roof of the car. My question is what can i place up there so that it doesn't look totally like crap?

i thought about spray in bed liner and during some internet research i found something called Lizard Skin. Anyone have experience with that or for some of you guys that finish cars, custom rods, etc. What is a good option?

Long time car guy here.

Not much will hold over any length of time and also look good.

Believe it or not, doing over the headliner is not that hard to do if your handy.

Normally it’s the board that buttresses up to the metal roof that either fatigues or dry rots.

All you do is get a new board if the old one is not useable.

Spray glue thin foam to it, then spray glue the interior liner to the foam, tuck and cut while glueing to the backside of the board.

Let dry, then affix back into the truck.

I’ve done 100’s of them over the years in South Florida because of the heat drying out the foam and the liner coming down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
      Long time car guy here.

Not much will hold over any length of time and also look good.

Believe it or not, doing over the headliner is not that hard to do if your handy.

Normally it’s the board that buttresses up to the metal roof that either fatigues or dry rots.

All you do is get a new board if the old one is not useable.

Spray glue thin foam to it, then spray glue the interior liner to the foam, tuck and cut while glueing to the backside of the board.

Let dry, then affix back into the truck.

I’ve done 100’s of them over the years in South Florida because of the heat drying out the foam and the liner coming down.

Mike i guess you are in Florida? you wouldn't happen to be in the Houston area would you?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
        Mike i guess you are in Florida? you wouldn't happen to be in the Houston area would you?

I’m not no. But I got my youngins I trained up working out there. I work for Autonation. Plenty of AN stores in your neck of the woods.

But I don’t think it’s a AN thing. Really isn’t that much of a job to do.

Look up your local interior upholstery shops for more insight and even a line where to get a new board if the one you have is caved. Normally the board is good. It’s the foam pad that dry rots and causes the fabric to fall because it’s not glued to anything anymore but foam dust. Lol [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
        X