• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrhrick View Post
    This is my dream. Awesome.
    x2 keep the updates coming

Comment

Man that pond looks absolutely awesome!!! Wish it were mine. Thats going to be a dream to fish. Should turn out some good bass in the future to.

Comment

Sweet dude. Gonna be a fun place to fish

Comment

Make a map of all the junk yall are putting on the bottom so you don't lose your crank baits lol

Comment

How long after you start a new lake can you fish? Can you stock it catchable size fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
              Well when the ducks over take it id like to volunteer to get rid of those pesky little birds!
              You are a true gentlemen. What would you charge for this kind of duck protection?

Originally posted by nrhrick View Post
              This is my dream. Awesome.
              Originally posted by 10mmWendell View Post
              x2 keep the updates coming
              Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
              Man that pond looks absolutely awesome!!! Wish it were mine. Thats going to be a dream to fish. Should turn out some good bass in the future to.
              Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
              Sweet dude. Gonna be a fun place to fish
              Appreciate it.

Originally posted by kwperry View Post
              Make a map of all the junk yall are putting on the bottom so you don't lose your crank baits lol
              Ha, what's a crankbait?

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
              How long after you start a new lake can you fish? Can you stock it catchable size fish?
              As I understand it, you can stock almost any size fish your budget/management plan can tolerate. This lake will have fry sized bass stocked. Should be a little over a year for bass you can catch, but not sure what the management plan calls for in terms of fishing it hard. We'll be blue gill/Perch experts by the time the lake is ready for big fish.

Comment

Last batch from this past weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140412_083810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24299021
                Long sloping point bordered by two channels. This should get a couple big loads of small gravel on it

Name:	20140412_083816.jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	24299022
                View of a sharper secondary point on the south side of the long point. You can see a rock piles at the tip of each point where it meets a channel.

Name:	20140412_083858.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	24299023
                Rock pile.

Name:	20140412_084006.jpg
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	24299024
                This is pretty cool. Two culverts and a fake road bed on the end of one of the channels. Hope the bass can use this as an ambush point as the wind drives bait into the area.

Name:	20140412_084024.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24299025
                Channel and hump leading towards the culverts

Name:	20140412_084057.jpg
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	24299026
                Lake is filling up. Took a similar picture to this one the time before and you could see a bunch of fish condos in that picture. They are mostly underwater now.

Name:	20140412_084247.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	24299027
                Big trees to form hiding areas. Water should be right at a foot above the top of these trunks. That root ball is just waiting for me.

Name:	20140412_084256.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	24299028
                The kids decided they wanted in on the action and started laying a bunch of deadfall against the larger trunks. They named it the honey hole.

Name:	20140412_084213.jpg
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	24299029
                Overview looking back to the North East.

Comment

I have looked at these pics about 100 times, really cool place....

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Awesome pond right there. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                        x2 keep them coming

Comment

Are you pumping water in?

Comment

This is really coming along nicely. I've built several and you all have put in more effort and got more great ideas on structure than any lake I have seen. My problem is usually it starts raining before I get all my structure established. You have had the perfect year and lots of labor time and effort. It looks fabulous. I still say leave the bass out until at least next year, maybe 2016. That's hard, but you can never add enough prey later like you can grow it now. I'm trying to buy 5" bluegill now and can't find any. Big expense for big bait!!

Comment

that looks awesome. good friend to know

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                                Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                                Looks great
                                Originally posted by carneyman87 View Post
                                Awesome pond right there. Nice work.
                                Originally posted by The General View Post
                                x2 keep them coming
                                Thanks. Won't be out there for a few weeks, but I'll take more when I get back that way.

Originally posted by The Texan View Post
                                Are you pumping water in?
                                Just runoff so far. The plan is to use an existing well, but the pipe isn't in yet.

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
                                This is really coming along nicely. I've built several and you all have put in more effort and got more great ideas on structure than any lake I have seen. My problem is usually it starts raining before I get all my structure established. You have had the perfect year and lots of labor time and effort. It looks fabulous. I still say leave the bass out until at least next year, maybe 2016. That's hard, but you can never add enough prey later like you can grow it now. I'm trying to buy 5" bluegill now and can't find any. Big expense for big bait!!
                                Appreciate the words. Definitely understand the benefits of waiting. We talked about it this weekend and he was going to double check with the fish guy. I'll bend his ear on the rational when we get back out there.

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                                that looks awesome. good friend to know
                                Don't tell him that. We're trying to convince him just how valuable our labor is.

Comment

Working...
                                X