Weber 14 or 18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber 14 or 18?

Going to buy a Weber smoker and smoke some meat on Sunday. Most of the time it’s just 3-4 of us, but occasionally 1-2 more people extra.

Anyone have any experience if the 14 has enough rack space to cook for up to 6 people?

14” is smaller than a brisket, rack of ribs, or turkey. A standard Weber grill grate is 22” and fits perfectly in a 55 gallon drum if you’d like to build your own.

Comment

At least get the 18”. I have the 22” and love it. Holds temp steady for a long time!!

Comment

Go big or go home.

Comment

What do you plan on smoking most of the time?

Comment

Chicken, sausage, maybe small brisket or small rack of ribs

Comment

I have the 18, and feel it is the best compromise between the 14 and 22. I can cook 2 briskets at a time or a pork butt and a brisket, or several racks of ribs. The 22 burns a lot ofcharcoal and can cook a lot more than you would need. To me grill surface is so small on the 14 I don't know how you could do a brisket. I think you could do a pork butt or cut a slab o ribs up into thirds and they would fit. I just feel you would always appreciate the extra capacity if you need it, so my vote is the 18.

Comment

Get the 22

Comment

The 22 is awesome, you wont regret it

Comment

I have the 18. A 13 lb packer brisket will barely fit on one grill grate. It gets close to the edges, almost touching the not-so-clean sides of the smoker. With a 14, you'd have to roll or fold or cut the brisket to make it fit, which might be ok or not.

I'd say get the 18.

Good choice going with the Weber smoker. Mine holds 200 degrees all night or all day while I'm at work.

Comment

18.5 minimum.

I had the 18 and it was good for a few folks. 1 10-12 lb brisket or 2-3 porkbuts with a second grate max

Comment

Get the 22 and enjoy the room! I have had both at the same time and the 22 was always used first.

Comment

Working...
                        X