Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacajawea has made it to Georgetown Texas. My name is Robert Staton and my first experience with archery was when my dad brought home a Ben Pearson longbow when I was in elementary school. All I really remember about that was shooting at a Haybale in the vacant lot across the street. I also remember my grandfather and a cousin helping me look for arrows lost in the grass.

In 1992 while in college I bought a Bear Whitetail II compound, sight unseen for $75 from a roommates buddy back home. In the fall of 93 I began bow hunting on my dad’s game poor place on the Sabine River near Lindale where I grew up. We had very few deer and the hogs were just starting to show up. In the fall of 94 I killed my first archery deer and haven’t looked back. Eventually I bought a new compound and continued to pursue deer and pigs.

When I graduated from college I had two job opportunities. One in Waco where I had attended school, had two sisters living there, my grandparents, an aunt and three cousins, not to mention numerous buddies. I knew the area well and was comfortable with the surroundings. The other job opportunity was in Georgetown. I knew nobody in Georgetown but the last thing I remember hearing before I made my decision was my dad saying, “Georgetown is closer to better deer hunting”.

In over 25 years of bow hunting I’ve been blessed to take numerous game animals including five on the dark continent during which time I was hunting with the likes of Tom Miranda and Greg Ritz.Tom included us in an episode of his show Adventures Wild.

I gained an interest in traditional archery around 2014 when my dad gave me a red wing hunter recurve that a widow lady had given to him. In 2016, I made my first traditional kill on a whitetail doe in Kansas, hunting with a guy named Bisch, and managed to take a gray fox this last season.

Thanks to those of you that made this idea possible!

Comment

Nice write-up brother I wish you the best of luck with her

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good write-up Robert.

Comment

Nice write up. I killed my first 5 archery deer with a Whitetail 2. Good old bows. Sounds like you've hunted in good company in some nice places.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Grasshopper, your getting there!!! Haha!! Nice bio Robert. I’ll never forget your face when we met up that night that you shot that KS doe!! Btw, I’m headed back up there this year if I get drawn!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Grasshopper, your getting there!!! Haha!! Nice bio Robert. I’ll never forget your face when we met up that night that you shot that KS doe!! Btw, I’m headed back up there this year if I get drawn!

Bisch

Well did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                Practice makes perfect!
                I've been feeding two spots behind my house for several weeks in order to get a shot using Sacagawea. It took me two hunts to get it done, but it got done!
                Shot a pretty fair group before I headed out to the stand.

[ATTACH]897682[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]897683[/ATTACH]
                I got way behind on this thread... Way to go Todd!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Well did you?

No!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I they still have not refunded my money either! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Bisch

Comment

That stinks.

Comment

Hey guys, I got Sac the other day. She’s a pretty unique bow for sure!
                      I am heading out tomorrow am for a quick scouting trip on my favorite piece of public land to put up a couple trail cams for the summer. I’m going to take her with me because hogs are open year around on this particular piece of land. If nothing else I will get some stump shooting in!!

Comment

Pics to come!

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Just wanted to bring the current list back up so it will be easier for folks to find!

1) Bluegoose
                          2) Pigthumper
                          3) CRM 95
                          4) TP3
                          5) SwampGhost
                          6) Featherflinger
                          7) yleecoyote23
                          8) Danielb89
                          9) Hunter Todd
                          10) txpitdog
                          11) Graysonhogs
                          12) RS3
                          13) TX CHICKEN
                          14) Randy Madden
                          15) PineyWoodsBow
                          16) Tx Mark
                          17) DCT
                          18) DRT
                          19)bowtechmike
                          20) spidermonkey
                          21) Stone Cold Bobby

Please remember to comment on the Sacajawea sticky thread and tell us a little about yourself and your time with Sacajawea.

Thanks!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 06-26-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I got Sacajawea about 5 min. ago via USPS. Gonna work up some arrows today and test her out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry guys, I’ve been crazy busy and havnt posted about my time with Sac yet.
                              I was so busy that I didn’t even open the box for several days after I got her.
                              First shot I could instantly tell the brace height was low. ( I used to own a 60” blue ridge)
                              So I brought the bh up to about 7 3/4” and here was my first group at about 17 yrds.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X