New rifle stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rifle stock

I bought a Savage B-Mag recently. If you know anything about the B-Mag the stock sucks. I purchased a couple pieces of wood from Rubydog and went to work. My neighbor has redone several shotgun stocks and offered to help me. I am waiting for the trigger guard to come in and I still have to figure out something with the magazine area. But here it is and give me some feed back please (good or bad, I am a big boy, I can take it). I am partial of course, but not bad for my first with a lot of help.

Dude that is AWESOME! You have real talent brother!!

Comment

That's great man!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fig View Post

Tiger Myrtle and Cocobolo.

Comment

Looks good to me got some mesquite blanks I wanna try with but..... Don't think I got it lol

Comment

Checkering

Comment

That is absolutely incredible.

Great work!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. Without the help, I would probably be still cutting out the pattern.

Comment

Awesome work!

Comment

Holy smokes Fig!!! That is absolutely stunning work my brother.... I am amazed at what you did on your first try.

I told you that radial grained Tiger Myrtle would absolutely pop.. It is a shame so many bowyers have looked past that piece of wood. Good for you I guess.

I can't wait to see what you do with that piece of burled myrtle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fig View Post
                        Checkering
                        Yeah about that. I'm assuming it's pressed. How's that work?

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                          Yeah about that. I'm assuming it's pressed. How's that work?
                          I doubt it. Typically done by hand with a checkering tool. You start a line and then the tool rides in the previous line to keep them all parallel, I believe.

Fine work sir. Particularly impressed with the checkering.

Comment

You MUST share more details!

Did you do this all by hand or did you have access to a duplicator?

Regardless, that's definitely a piece that I'd be PROUD to show off!
                            Very nice work!

Comment

Impressive work.

Comment

Working...
                              X