No announcement yet.

Adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like she was probably doing the best thing she could for you and was probably one of, if not the toughest decision of her life. Go meet her, if you like her cool, if not, go your separate ways. You lived your life without her before, if it don't work out you can again

Comment

Go for it! She might own a ranch [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My children are adopted. My concern about them meeting their biological parents later in life is that the biological parents would be a burden to my children.

I think it could give you some peace, sounds like it could give your biological mother some peace for sure. So it very well could be a good thing.

You could always agree to meet her and make it clear that, that is all you are agreeing to for now. Don’t commit to any type of relationship.

Prayers sent for wisdom.

Comment

Adoption

Do it!! Both of your adoptive parents are gone you said. Not everybody get a chance to gain another mother when their first one is gone. . The fear of losing another mother will be trumped by the joy of gaining one and having a great relationship. Not only will it be good for you but it will bring her peace, joy and closure to something that she probably thought about every day of her life.

Comment

Win, win situation here. Go for it

Comment

Do it!

Comment

PM sent

Comment

She did you a favor to give you a chance at a better life than she could have given you at the time. Now it’s time for you to do her a favor in return.

Comment

Could be a good chance for you both to gain some peace with everything.

Comment

I would say don’t make any rash decisions and think about it thoroughly. Not to get into any details but all of these type of meetings aren’t “just a great opportunity.” Prayers up for you and your Family.

Comment

I can imagine that being a difficult situation. I think if it was me, I would do it. Sounds like her dad was tough one, and being 15 her choices may have been extremely limited due to her situation. I would just view it as her making a conscious decision to allow you the opportunity at a better life.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                          I guess what scares me the most is getting to know her and losing another mom. I get what your saying tho about regrets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          We always lose those older than us. Just part of life. You didn't ask for anyones opinion so you won't get mine.

After seeing the connection my wife had to our son immediately upon birth, I can say without a doubt it takes a strong woman to put a child up for adoption. A VERY strong woman. And those are the people I want in my life.

Comment

I don't have much to offer that hasn't been said. I would pray about it.

I'm a bit torn as I would think I would want to meet my bio mother in that situation. With that being said, I adopted my oldest, she knows who her bio father is, but doesn't know him. For personal reasons, and possibly a little bit of selfish reasons as well, I'd like to keep it that way. At least until she's grown up enough that there is no negative outside influence. I don't know that there would be, just the possibility is always there I guess.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think your heads in the right place wanting to meet her. She is obviously been trying to track you down.

A good childhood friend of mine was adopted and went through the same situation your in. Somewhat of a similar story as your hearing. He told his parents about his birth mother contacting him and wanted their opinion of what they thought. They said follow your heart but lets see if what she's telling you about her past checks out.

It didn't and what they found out about the birth mother caused more problems for their family than never knowing anything about her.

I hope it works out for you but be prepared you might not like what you don't know. Good luck!

Comment

I have never been in your shoes but I would say give it a chance.

-john

Comment

Working...
                                X