No announcement yet.

Pop Up Make Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing major yet. Just power sprayed the top and putting a few coats of reflective, rubberized paint. The real work will start when I crank it up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got it popped up, fixed AC drain, took down curtains to wash. Started cleaning canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Got it popped up, fixed AC drain, took down curtains to wash. Started cleaning canvas.

I can smell that picture. Lol. My Dad had a popup when I was a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. When we would set it up. It had a very unique smell about it. Not bad. Just a smell that triggered great memories to be had. We camped a lot in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Usually for a week or more.

Comment

We started with a pop up when we were first married. Did some simple repairs and added a window unit in the spare tire well at the rear of the camper (no roof top AC). That thing would freeze your legs off but you would almost pass out from the heat when you stood up. Loved that thing and my wife even pulled it a few times when she would pick me up from work to head out on a trip. We have been through several campers and currently have a 5th wheel but definitely miss the simplicity of the pop up. Some of the best sleeping you'll ever have during a nice rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            I can smell that picture. Lol. My Dad had a popup when I was a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. When we would set it up. It had a very unique smell about it. Not bad. Just a smell that triggered great memories to be had. We camped a lot in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Usually for a week or more.

I know what you mean about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
              We started with a pop up when we were first married. Did some simple repairs and added a window unit in the spare tire well at the rear of the camper (no roof top AC). That thing would freeze your legs off but you would almost pass out from the heat when you stood up. Loved that thing and my wife even pulled it a few times when she would pick me up from work to head out on a trip. We have been through several campers and currently have a 5th wheel but definitely miss the simplicity of the pop up. Some of the best sleeping you'll ever have during a nice rain.

I love them because I have a half ton and they pull like a dream. Minimal wind resistance and easy set up.

Comment

Anyone have any tips/trips/hacks?

Comment

Ran AC for about 2 hrs last night. Got down to 68 quick. Gonna repaint the shroud and call it good. Vinyl plank floor is the plan this weekend.

Comment

invest in a couple sets of gizmos for the bed areas it will really help keep it cooler, also run some refletix between the screen and window

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                      invest in a couple sets of gizmos for the bed areas it will really help keep it cooler, also run some refletix between the screen and window

Thank you

Comment

Looks like it'll be a great little camper. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        Spent my childhood camping around Texas with Dad in one of these. I can 100% relate.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

This is awesome, looking to get one myself. Following.

Comment

Another thing go to northern and grab a good metal fan-while you are outside under the awning it will help a lot

If it has an outside shower build you a shower stall-you could probably find someone to bend you an aluminum frame

Comment

Pop Up Make Over

Took it out this weekend. Worked great. Picked out vinyl plank flooring I plan on putting down this week, and the wife is going to paint all the cabinets.

Flooring choice:

Going to continue to roll on the reflective elastomer paint until the gallon is gone.

Going to make a really nice camper.

Comment

Working...
                                X