Camo Dipping or Cerokote anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Dipping or Cerokote anyone?

I just acquired a DPMS Prairie Panther AR-15. The rifle comes from the factory dipped in Mossy Oak Brush camo.

I'm about to buy a scope for this rifle pretty quickly. Is there anyone on TBH that can dip or wrap or Cerokote the base and scope in Mossy Oak Brush? I've never had anything dipped, wrapped or Cerokoted before, so I don't really know which would be best or more cost effective to accomplish this. Looking for suggestions.

I know Nikon sells a couple of scopes in this pattern, but they're not the scope that I'm wanting.

in...

Comment

My buddy has his own shop in Deer Park
      Shootist Tactical
      Frank Porrovecchio
      (713) 301-1125

Top notch guy and work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do the hydro dipping out of my shop on the side. I'm not sure you want to submerse that scope under the water. It may be fine, but I wouldn't want to take a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
          I do the hydro dipping out of my shop on the side. I'm not sure you want to submerse that scope under the water. It may be fine, but I wouldn't want to take a chance.
          That's a good point. What type of treatment do things like this usually get? For example, I know that Nikon offers a scope that's got this camo pattern on it. What method of application would be used in this case? The scopes are said to be "waterproof and fog proof" on most of these manufacturers' websites.

Comment

In the hydrographic business, anything dipped has to have a coat of either special hydrographic paint or automotive paint which requires a mechanical bond. So the object needs to be scuffed, primed if it's metal then painted and dipped. Rinsed after the dip and then a 2k clear coat like what is on your car to protect the finished product. I've seen where people have had their scopes dipped, it would just scare me that it might get moisture in it. I would have to research it more. It could be that the outer part of the scope is being dipped before it's assembled. They do make and sell the mossy oak brush pattern in hydrographic film. There's a company in Louisiana that sells it. Gobigbrain.com.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
              In the hydrographic business, anything dipped has to have a coat of either special hydrographic paint or automotive paint which requires a mechanical bond. So the object needs to be scuffed, primed if it's metal then painted and dipped. Rinsed after the dip and then a 2k clear coat like what is on your car to protect the finished product. I've seen where people have had their scopes dipped, it would just scare me that it might get moisture in it. I would have to research it more. It could be that the outer part of the scope is being dipped before it's assembled. They do make and sell the mossy oak brush pattern in hydrographic film. There's a company in Louisiana that sells it. Gobigbrain.com.
              Thanks for the information. I had no idea how this stuff works.

Comment

If your in Houston check out my friends shop called cerakoters. The did my glock 10mm in a battle worn Texas flag and it looks great. They also have my 300 winmag that’s getting a kryptek paint job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X