Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** NEW VIDEO **** 102 Archery Kill Shots - Let's get in the mood for the opener!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** NEW VIDEO **** 102 Archery Kill Shots - Let's get in the mood for the opener!

With only a few days away from our whitetail opener, I thought I would share something to get us all in the mood!

Last year I upgraded my video equipment and it motivated me to put my hunting footage together and make another kill shot video. I just updated the video again with another 12 kills for a total of 102 on camera shots. I frontloaded the video with the new stuff so you don't have to watch the whole thing to see new footage.

If you haven't seen it, there's a little bit of everything; from axis to honey badger, whitetails to warthogs, turkeys to wild hogs, baboons to zebras, and quite a bit in between.

I've mentioned this before, but if you haven't already, I encourage you to take up filming your hunts. You'll be surprised at how much more enjoyment it adds as well as in preserving and reliving your hunts. I can remember so much about a hunt by simply looking at a photo or at a mount, but that memory is enhanced even greater when reviewing video.

Over the years, there have been a ton of hunts that I didn't get on film for one reason or another, but sure wish I had in looking back at it now.

Rather you decide to video or not, best of luck to everyone on the approaching season!

Very nice. Youve killed some haus deer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

very cool. nice breed of hogs wherever you are, with the white stripe. Very unique.

Question though--why kill the monkey? Heard of taking baboon but not others. Enlighten me, please?

Comment

Great video! What was the badger gnawing on?

Comment

I enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
            Great video! What was the badger gnawing on?
            Thanks! The honeybadger was gnawing on dead chickens tied to a tree. I considered it a poor man's leopard hunt as we hunted at night and eased on a red light when he appeared. It was a very enjoyable hunt!

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
            very cool. nice breed of hogs wherever you are, with the white stripe. Very unique.

Question though--why kill the monkey? Heard of taking baboon but not others. Enlighten me, please?

Thanks! Yes, we have a nice coloration of hogs for sure. The oreo stripe seems to be the dominant trait in Brady where I hunt. It usually garnishes a lot of attention when I share the pictures or video.

No problem on the question about the monkey bud. Believe it or not, no single other animal has ever generated so much controversy over the years when I've shared pictures or videos.

Simply put, I believe the monkey is a renewable species just like any other. There is a very healthy population of vervet monkeys in Africa and I shot one because I wanted to have one mounted and displayed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Like a Boss

Great video

How many different bows did you go thru while making this video

Comment

Nice video. Those are some great deer

Comment

Nice video

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                    Like a Boss

Great video

How many different bows did you go thru while making this video

Thanks bud!

Mathews MQ1, Mathews Hyperlite, Mathews Monster
                    And my current setup, Hoyt Element

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                      Thanks bud!

Mathews MQ1, Mathews Hyperlite, Mathews Monster
                      And my current setup, Hoyt Element
                      Well you should be able to have 204 kills now that your using the right bow!!
                      Nice video. Your a very blessed man.

Comment

Heck yeah....Enjoyed the video.

Well done and thanks for posting.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Ah yeah! Loved it!

Comment

Never gets old!

Comment

Working...