Cattle panel blind window question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle panel blind window question

Do you guys put up mesh on your windows in these types of blinds or do you just leave them open?

Ttt

Comment

I built one several years ago used Mesh. I built the frames out of 1x1's and stapled the mesh down. Then just zip tied the frames to the cattle panel

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
        I built one several years ago used Mesh. I built the frames out of 1x1's and stapled the mesh down. Then just zip tied the frames to the cattle panel
        Thanks for the information.

Comment

I put T-posts in and attached the cattle pannel to them. I put mesh on one of them and the other three are 100% brush with open windows. None of mine have tops.

I like it better with open windows, but the deer are allways on one or two sides of my blinds so I can see them coming and stay out of the windos.

Comment

We kept them open, but we put a panel on for a roof and piled brush on top of it so they were dark inside. If the roof is open and there is much light coming in, then you would probably be better off with the mesh over the windows.

Comment

Originally posted by TX Doc View Post
              We kept them open, but we put a panel on for a roof and piled brush on top of it so they were dark inside. If the roof is open and there is much light coming in, then you would probably be better off with the mesh over the windows.
              Thanks. That makes sense. I will have a roof on mine and brush all around, so I am hoping it will be dark on the inside.

Comment

I use 2 cattle panels/4 t-posts, w/a tarp wrapped around it really tight. I allowed the tarp to extend onto the ground as a skirt and piled dirt all over it to help keep out rainwater. I've dug the inside of the blind out about 2' deep (planned on deeper, but no rain = really hard ground). I just cut one section wide and about 4 sections tall out w/bolt cutters for my shooting windows. I have a satellite dish on top and piled bush on top and around the front of it to hide it some. As the summer continues, I plan on piling more brush/transplanting cactus around the front of the blind. Even with the silver side of the tarp inside, it's still plenty dark. I'll hang a couple of cheap black fleece blankets as an interior backdrop prior to season opener.

I've sat inside during one of the only downpours of rain we've received, and everything worked like a charm. I've even picked up a couple of swiveling glider/rockers for the blind......they're real comfy and easy to shoot from!

I have the pics on my phone, but don't have tapatalk to upload them here, or I'd show it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post

I have the pics on my phone, but don't have tapatalk to upload them here, or I'd show it off.
                  Don't give up I want to check one of these things out

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
                    I use 2 cattle panels/4 t-posts, w/a tarp wrapped around it really tight. I allowed the tarp to extend onto the ground as a skirt and piled dirt all over it to help keep out rainwater. I've dug the inside of the blind out about 2' deep (planned on deeper, but no rain = really hard ground). I just cut one section wide and about 4 sections tall out w/bolt cutters for my shooting windows. I have a satellite dish on top and piled bush on top and around the front of it to hide it some. As the summer continues, I plan on piling more brush/transplanting cactus around the front of the blind. Even with the silver side of the tarp inside, it's still plenty dark. I'll hang a couple of cheap black fleece blankets as an interior backdrop prior to season opener.

I've sat inside during one of the only downpours of rain we've received, and everything worked like a charm. I've even picked up a couple of swiveling glider/rockers for the blind......they're real comfy and easy to shoot from!

Good information. I would love to see the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
                      Don't give up I want to check one of these things out
                      Once I finish, I will try and post mine.

Comment

Here's the pics. Sorry it took so long. The last pic is from another piece of property....same idea, just didn't dig out the floor on it. I've since cleared the area between the red tpost and the blind, tilled the area, planted a variety of garden plants, wheat, and have been piling brush around and ontop of the blind. I'll continue to pile brush onto it until the first of Sept. Just doing a little at a time for now when I have time to be at the property.

[ATTACH]629188[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]629189[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]629190[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]629191[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]629192[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]629193[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]629194[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by Beardedbuck; 06-21-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

That looks phenomenal brushed in and completed.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

And just think.....the dark areas you see on the inside are with the silver side of the tarp uncovered! I've got 2 swivel/reclining glider chairs to go inside as well! And just think......I could even hang a hammock inside this thing if I choose to hunt pigs (at night) and get too sleepy to go to the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X