Automatic gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic gate

Those of you that own or have owned land but did not reside on the property did you have an automatic gate or chain and lock? If you had an automatic gate did you find it to be more secure or was it strictly for convenience? Thanks in advance.

Heavy duty chain and good lock is way more secure than an automatic gate.

Comment

Good lock and chain....it will at least slow down the honest thieves. Automatic gate it is a question of when and not if it will fail.

Comment

Automatic gate for convenience. Chain & lock sucks when it’s dark, raining, cold, etc. I’ve got big dogs and a security system on the house & shop for those that enter uninvited when no one is home. If someone is home, they get a little extra.

Comment

Chain and lock

Comment

There are certain automatic gates that a person can push against and be able to squeeze through.

Comment

You know you can put a chain and lock on an automatic gate when you aren't there, right?

Put one on both sides so the gate can't be lifted off the hinges.

I'm a big fan of an automatic gate....working on plans for another new one right now....

Comment

Chain and lock just keeps the honest people out.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                  You know you can put a chain and lock on an automatic gate when you aren't there, right?

Put one on both sides so the gate can't be lifted off the hinges.

I'm a big fan of an automatic gate....working on plans for another new one right now....
                  Beat me to it, lol!

Comment

Working...
                  X