Anyone else having this problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else having this problem

On a lease in Jerymn Tx, have feeders up and cameras running, Bucks and does always on camera, been hunting since opening day, when we are there, pretty much nothing comes in, we leave go back next weekend, same thing deer all over camera but nothing much comes in when we are there. I walk about a mile in and out and go in back way, so I know its not scent problem, plus been hunting over 40+years and know that I'm not doing nothing wrong, but this is hard to figure out, going to try the last weekend and see what happens.

God Bless
    Bish

And Happy New Year to all

They know

Comment

Happy new year too Bish. Same story with us. Owned our place since 2004 and this is the worst year by far that we’ve ever seen. Like you, we walk everywhere. Don’t fire up a vehicle until Sunday evenings. Don’t have a clue where our deer are

Comment

They're busting you on your walk in.

Comment

They must have spies out

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Well, there’s your sign

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I've found the closer I can park the gator the better. My average walk is about 75-100yds.

Comment

I sat in a stand one day all day at my uncles lease in San Saba. When the afternoon hunt started my uncle started his four wheeler and headed out. I had 3 does already at my spot. They looked towards the sound and bolted. My uncle is an old school guy and said I was crazy and the deer are used to human noises. I saw it with my own eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Bish, since you are new to hunting.....Ha Ha.....some deer do become weary when the vehicles show up but it sounds extra rough at your place. Is a large group hunting during the weekends? Have you hunted the place by yourself during the week to see if there is a difference in deer numbers? I spook deer off my feeder when walking in sometimes and they come back in when the feeder goes off.

Comment

Put some cameras up on the trail you walk in and see what kind of traffic you have.

Comment

Same problem on a small place I hunt - lots of deer pics, very few sightings while hunting. I have come to believe that the deer bed down/hang out near the trails we use to get to the stands. Being a small rectangle shaped place there is no way to take a different route unless we crossed over onto the neighbors property. I think they just have us figured out.

Comment

I Hunt in central Texas and am having the same issue, we have hunted this place for the last 10 years and have never seen it like this. I think it’s just a “bad” year, whatever that means. All I know is I HAVE TO be there for the last weekend even though I went after Christmas for 4 days and hunted ALL DAY everyday and did not see even 1 deer the whole time! Very frustrating! I talked to the land owners they said that they have never seen it like this. Also talked to our Game Warden he said he has heard the same story from ALOT of hunters this year. Maybe this weekend will be better, I hope!

Comment

Happens to me a few times on our 1200 acre place. I'm changing my way I'm going to feeder to see if it helps but I still usually see 3-6 deer. Not none.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                            On a lease in Jerymn Tx, have feeders up and cameras running, Bucks and does always on camera, been hunting since opening day, when we are there, pretty much nothing comes in, we leave go back next weekend, same thing deer all over camera but nothing much comes in when we are there. I walk about a mile in and out and go in back way, so I know its not scent problem, plus been hunting over 40+years and know that I'm not doing nothing wrong, but this is hard to figure out, going to try the last weekend and see what happens.

God Bless
                            Bish

And Happy New Year to all
                            Oh yeah, all the time

The deer bed close to the feed, so they know when you are there. Little noises, scent, both air borne and ground. Its a major issue if you hunt just one stand tied to one location

Comment

Us too. Scratching up to a bumper akern crop.

You also noted that you're not doing nothing wrong so if you can figure out what it is you're doing wrong, that will solve the problem!

(New year cleverness....time for bed)
                              Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 01-01-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X