Remington recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington recall

So my boss received a recall on his Remington 700 for the trigger problem. Can the trigger be replaced with a Timeny trigger to fix the problem or is the problem in the bolt/trigger combination? Remington sent him a crappy box to return the rifle for warrenty work but he does not want to go through the process of removing the scope etc and does not mind upgrading the trigger if that would remedy the problem. What do you guys think?

replace the trigger with a timney / jewell...why replace a crap trigger with another crap trigger??

It's not difficult...youtube is your friend or find someone to help.

Comment

Yes it can.

Comment

Yes. A Timney/Jewell/Shilen will fix the problem.

I put a Shilen on Dad's .308 a few years back. He hadn't shot the thing in 25+ years, after the thing blew a hole in the bottom of a deer stand when he flicked off the safety to unload it. This was a gun he received as a graduation gift in 1962, had babied its' entire life, and had never had a "trigger adjustment".

Comment

I don't have stock triggers in any M700, except for one from the early 80s.

Comment

I put a Timney single stage in my 700. Love it. Breaks smooth every time. Sending it back to Remington will also have a very long turnaround time.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good luck to all hunting this weekend!

Comment

How many years has this been going on? I seem to recall hearing of the trigger problem 10 or more years ago.

Comment

I have a rem 600 made in the 60's if you barely touch the trigger it goes boom I like it like that

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    How many years has this been going on? I seem to recall hearing of the trigger problem 10 or more years ago.
                    The first story that I heard about a 700 going off accidentally, was in the early '80s. I personally had a borrowed one go off, when I flipped it from safe to fire, in 1985. Fortunately, it was pointed in a safe direction.

Comment

Just put in a new trigger. It will be worth it. Better trigger, not having to wait, no possible shipping/handling damage, you won't have to take off your scope off, reinstall and sight in.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        I don't have stock triggers in any M700, except for one from the early 80s.
                        Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        The first story that I heard about a 700 going off accidentally, was in the early '80s. I personally had a borrowed one go off, when I flipped it from safe to fire, in 1985. Fortunately, it was pointed in a safe direction.
                        I better take a look at mine.

Comment

Working...
                        X