Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has a Prez ever had to define a commutation before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has a Prez ever had to define a commutation before?

I remember public disagreement regarding presidentially commuted sentences, but I don’t recall a prez ever having to define his commutation.

The Judge that sentenced Roger Stone filed a motion for the WH to provide the order defining which parts of the sentence were commuted

Trump@twitter Hey Judge, go pound sand.

Comment

Trump to Judge....All of it!!!

Comment

i may be wrong but i do not think the pres has to justify it or answer to any judge for having done so......

Comment

Ditto all that ^^^^^
          These judges need to know where their place is.....and it ain’t trying to put cuffs on the president.
          If Obama was required to provide the same info for all his he would still be doing it today with the nearly 2 thousand he did

Comment

As far as I know, it's an Executive PRIVILEGE.

Comment

It’s his right given to him by the position. Where was this judge when the last guy used it for terrorist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05
                Yes- and he commuted over 1,700 people in eight years, 504 were life sentences.

But he walked on water so we’re not allowed to make these comparisons.....

Including people responsible for bombing American citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything and everything is being thrown at Trump, OUR PRESIDENT to get him out of office! SCREW everyone of those that are against him! Do not like it, KMA!

TRUMP 2020!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X